WTB Auto SLX Perth

CMF_Amy

» CMF Member
Hi everyone, been stalking for about a week and thought I'd break the ice. I test drove a Micra at a car yard the other day to see how it was to drive, and compared to my current car it was great. I want to buy one, silver to be precise, there was one a few months ago on here that I saw which would've been perfect but I didn't even know about them back then :p For what it's worth I thought I'd put it out there and who knows. Tonight I was doing my usual scavenger of online car sellers and I noticed someone said they are rubbish uphill, which could be a problem, but I presume one that can be worked around? (Can you tell I'm not mechanically minded?) Anyone got any experience with this? I mean big long tedious hills, and slowing down and starting again in the middle of them. It seemed powerful enough on the flat but it's something I didn't think about. Any input is appreciated! Cheers, Amy

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
I have a manual Micra and it does decent hills quite well. I have been going at 110-120kph in 5th and it slowly accelerates even more from there. Leave it in 4th a while and it is quite sprightly.

Don't worry about the hills too much. the car is quite light, and where in doubt just drop it down a gear. Although, with a CVT auto, I think it will handle it all quite well for you. :)

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
I've never had a prob with hills...mountainous hills that is.... just get your fav mechanic (if you have a choice, that is) and get him/her to install a lightweight flywheel and high performance clutch. Turns the car into a mega mountain mounter (er, sounds bad but I was gonen for rime and rhythm...)

Of course if your still not happy, turbo it, then get one of those stickers that say "get in hold on and shut up" but on the drivers side!

Back