Wiring fogs

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
hey just wiring up my fog lights, nearly finished just gotta wire them into the headlight circuit and have got abit lost, i'm not great with the electrical side of things and without a haynes i'm unsure where to go. so where should i actualy connect it to the main headlight circuit?

cheers.

Just connect it to the fog circuit? It is illegal to have front fogs coming on with the full beam so you can't do that.

yeah if you've got driving lamps, you can wire them up, but foglights you can't.

Also, you need to tap into the wires on the drivers side headlight if you do decide to connect them up anyway, as the fog lamps would come on with your sidelights if done on the passenger side.

Ok i need help lol, i just cant get these dam driving lamps to work! its really annoying me, there wired up as shown in the attachment but the lamps arent working? the switch is working because the little led lights up but no light from the lamps. i used a seperate circuit as i thought it would be easier to do lol

cheers

circuit-1.jpg

Have you definitly tapped into the correct wire for the headlamp? Secondly, double check all your earths and connections.

well i tried tapping into all three of the wires coming from the headlight as i wasnt sure witch one, with two nothing happened but the with the third one the switch lit up so i thought yipee but no light from the lamps i figured that there must be a lose connection somewhere at the lamps as power was getting to the switch but not the lamps but checked everything and couldnt find a problem. :(

Can't remember off the top of my head, but do your driving lamps need to be earthed? I thought they were part of the circuit, and the relay is earthed.

yes they do have to be earthed, so does the relay. do you think that my problem might be the earth wires? the wires i used werent great tiny compared to the heavy quage wire i used with the lamps.

Back