Wiper Removal

Can anyone tell me how to remove the windscreen wipers? The wipers are squeaking like hell and I have narrowed it down to the joint. I can take the arm off by flipping the cover and removing the nut. But then the mechanism is of course covered by a plastic panel connecting the windscreen to the engine cavity. How do I get the panel off so that I can repair/replace the joints that are damaged on the mechanism?

To remove the scuttle panel there are about 5 plastic poppers under the panel that you will need to get a tack remover between the panel and the bottom of the windscreen. There's one popper on the drivers side that u can see(be carful when u lever it as it will ping off and dissapear) working along I think there's two more hidden ones then a screw in the middle then three more hidden ones as u work to the pass side. They are evenly spaced out. I would put something thin behind the tool as to spread the load and not break the screen!
There's also about ten poppers under the rubber strip that u can see under the bonnet.
Then bend the panel as u pull it out as it will get stuck under the wings.
U probably could just take out the screw in the middle and just yank it off but u will break all the clips!

Oh if the screen is milky at the bottom just yank it off with your fingers. Cheaper to break the poppers than the glass!

Hope this helps.

Remove wiper arms off spindle, remove the push pinned rubber weather strip, remove screws near spindle at drivers side and middle, then simply pull the scuttle panel off the clip retainers.

Back