Wiper Arms Loose

Hiya, I have a C+C K12 and when the wipers are on full, they hit the side of the windscreen. I've replaced the mechanism that goes under the bonnet but the thread on the actual wiper arms is so worn they come loose when on full. Where can I get new arms from as I can't find them anywhere, only second hand which may also have worn threads? Thank you

There is no thread on the wiper arm. If you mean the knurl inside, clean it before refitting, that doesn't work use some shim stock (thin metal) or some bonding loctite something like 638 when installing the arms.

There is no thread on the wiper arm. If you mean the knurl inside, clean it before refitting, that doesn't work use some shim stock (thin metal) or some bonding loctite something like 638 when installing the arms.
Ahh thank you! I had no idea what that inside thready bit was called. The ebay link is what I had replaced and I bought some JB Weld stuff for the knurly bit, just haven't done it yet as I scared I'll weld them in the wrong place 😆

Ahh thank you! I had no idea what that inside thready bit was called. The ebay link is what I had replaced and I bought some JB Weld stuff for the knurly bit, just haven't done it yet as I scared I'll weld them in the wrong place 😆
Jb weld is overkill and as you say, will stick it permantly. With something like 638 you will have a fair bit of time to fix them in place and the bond can still be broken with a wiper puller. Adding a bit of heat with a hair dryer will also break the bond.

They are meant to be a taper seat so the more you tighten the nut the more they pull on to the taper, given you've replaced the whole linkage though, it might be that the arms have worn on the old tapers and a slightly different shape. Annoying but not to hard to sort with the right stuff (no jb weld, please don't do that).

Back