Wing Replacement

I've a badly rusted o/s front wing on my K10 and I'd like to replace it with a new one from SEL Imperial. All I can see holding the old one on is a bunch of screws, but does anyone know if it's welded anywhere? Also, would people say this a DIY-suitable job or would it be more wise to get a bodyshop to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi

This is a very good DIY job. Done it myself about 6 months ago.

First take off the side light (2 screws) and front bumper (6 bolts), then undo the screws attaching the wing to the metalwork under the bumper. You may be able to do this without taking the bumper off, but my bumper was off anyway.

Think theres 4 bolts on the top (under the bonnet) and 3 down the side (in front of the door hinges, long sprocket spanner extender thingy needed probably.), and 5 screws under the wheel arch.

Remove the radio aerial if its the drivers side wing.

Then the wing lifts upwards.

Really easy, bit tricky to get the new wing aligned right, takes a bit of forcing.

msn me if you got a problem :)

hope it helps.

I just had both of mine done earlier this year...

I got coppied (not nissan originals) wings from a local outlet for around £30 each.

I did my own spray job (metallic black) and had my local garage fit them at the same time as my MOT was due (1 hour labor charged).

The drivers side is blob on, but the passengers side is just not quite flush with the door (6mm proud i reccon). It can be noticed on inspection but gnerally doesnt stand out.

Not sure if the allignment problem was due to "not original part" or "tricky fitting" (or both).

Im sure i took some fotos of this...ill have a look for them

here they are...

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=8642

may be that's more like 10-12mm proud in the last foto? Hmmmm?

Back