fitting a new wing on k10 ?

cardiffboy27

Ex. Club Member
hey there all :) im thinking about replacing my wing on my k10 as it has a few bumps and marks in it is it an easy job ?
and how much would i be looking to pay at a scrappys for one ?
and whats the best way to spray it can it be done with cans ?

cheers in advance
Ian :D:k12white:

It can be done with cans but you probably wont get as good a finish than a professional with a spray gun! Also, its quite easy to remove. Some bolts behind the door (easy to access when the door is opened), inside the engine bay, and behind the front bumper if i remember rightly.

im also doing this but my old man is telling me to spend a couple more quid and get a new one where can i get one from? i think matt(speedle) told me he gets pannels cheap but im just going to be wasting money on postage?

I think I got a brand new wing for my old one for £30 from a place that sells car panels. You can spray it out of a can from halfords with primer, matched colour and laquer if it needs it... and I would argue that with some practise you could get as good of a finish as a bodyshop would out of a gun. If you have no idea about it though, personally I would get it done profesh. :)

however, your best bet is to scour the scrapyards and find one in good condition in the right colour!

also...I think some of the older wings are welded onto the chassis,,,but the newer K10s have bolt ons....I THINK ...somone put me right if I'm wrong

if this is the case, be sure to match the type from the scrapper to yours (weld/bolt)

I used ebay K10's being scrapped and asked the seller if the wing was in good nic. Didnt take me long at all to get one in white. Not sure i'll be able to do the same with my Super S being Metallic Black....hmmm.

But the second hand wing was £25 posted.

Back