Wing mirror cover removal.

Could anyone talk me through te process. I've looks at the service manual but I wasn't able to unclip the mirror body. Is there a trick to it?

Look underneath the mirrors there should be a slot inbetween the mirror cover and the mirror body just big enough to fit a screwdriver through use this to lever the cover off then they just pop back on it's all easy really

I'm not sure how many good clips I had before but I'm pretty sure I've heard something snapped. When I looked underneath all 4 where broken. It sort of stays in place once I've put it back on. I may try to glue it a little with some silicone.

Oh no :(
I guess you could get a new (pre-loved) one off ebay or from a scrappy to replace it ;)

I had that same problem with the tailgate trim...rubbish design that LOL
knocked it off accidentally and it took all the clip in bits with it *facepalm*...gotta get some glue myself :p

My wing mirror cover currently consists of some plastic sheet and masking tape, after an accident in november smashed it to pieces - I've been to lazy to do anything about it, and when I ordered a new one and got a Mk4 Golf wing mirror instead of a Micra one, I kind of gave up.

My wing mirror cover currently consists of some plastic sheet and masking tape, after an accident in november smashed it to pieces - I've been to lazy to do anything about it, and when I ordered a new one and got a Mk4 Golf wing mirror instead of a Micra one, I kind of gave up.
is it just the plastic cover as i may have one spare knocking about somewhere not sure what side though :(

is it just the plastic cover as i may have one spare knocking about somewhere not sure what side though :(

Yeah just the plastic cover on the passenger side. If you had one that'd be excellent, would rather my money go to an MSC member than lining the pockets of Nissan!

Not sure about the whole unit inc base plate, but certainly the motor, glass and cover are identical

I know thread from the dead but, I picked up a pair of Clio mirrors at the car boot sale this morning (£10) and they are indeed identical, except for the mounting plate (which is a chunk larger ;))
same renault part number too :p

I know thread from the dead but, I picked up a pair of Clio mirrors at the car boot sale this morning (£10) and they are indeed identical, except for the mounting plate (which is a chunk larger ;))
same renault part number too :p

I actually replaced it literally like a week ago! I do know a friend who has an actual clio though who had the mirror stolen off his Trophy last night, which he's still peeved about. I'll let him know for you :p

I have pictures, incase anyone else reading is still unsure...I know how difficult it is to be sure of something when you can't see it so...
....these are from an 2004 Clio, apparently...compared to my 2005 K12 :p

DSC00696_zps60a1f750.jpg

see how the backing (where it attaches to the door) is that much larger on the Clio one (black)

DSC00695_zps94f284e4.jpg

DSC00694_zps5caface3.jpg

Here's the numbers to check...the 01, 8011 appear on the K12's one's, also the little 236...along with the "Renault" bit LOL
DSC00698_zps1dfc8333.jpg

Can anyone with a similar subject. I'm looking to upgrade my manual mirrors to the elec,but as cheap as poss. Planning on keeping the inner trim if poss,rather than buy new or the replacement ones 2nd hand. But would like to get tweeters to go in hole for the manual mirror adjuster. Any ideas what size the tweeters are in the elec mirror trim please?

Back