Wing Mirror Lights

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I was looking at the possibilities of doing what Sonic has done and making some wing mirrors with the LED's in them. I know the lights have to be a certail standard but I was wondering can you put them anywhere on the mirror or is there only certain places?

Katie

Half Micra Half Primera
Id shape them in to a little arrow on the mirror to show which way i was turning... probably highly impractical but would sure look nice ;) :D

OP
OP
danimicra8

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
funny you should say that katie..... did these before I posted
top.jpg

edge.jpg

diaganol.jpg

arrow.jpg

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
the only problem with the way you've designed them dani is that there not on the side of the end of the wing mirror so i'm not sure if that would count?

OP
OP
danimicra8

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
yes its a possible flaw unless they go around the curve which isnt too easy to photoshop. Its an idea at least I know theres no EU standard of where they can be placed.

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
I believe that the MOT standard is that they must be visible both from head on as well as the side.
Craig

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Where did you read that Craig?

I was looking for information on MOTs regarding side repeaters and couldn't find anything.

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
I cannot find rthe link right now (watching TV Burp :D) but there was a site tha goes through the test procedure.
I'll have a look in a bit, Craig