Windscreens

I have always thought that my windscreen was in fairly good nick...untill over the last few days when the sun had been low & with clear skys. When the sun hits from any angle forwards of the car there are ZILLIONS of (normally invisible) dots, pits & scratches that make it virtually impossible to see out through with the scatter and the glare from the sun diffracting off of them!

14 years of hard-core 'roading' i guess...

So it made me wonder how much for a new screen £££, and are there any modern screen options available for the K10 screen?

For example the citroen picasso seems to have certain coatings applied to it that help with glare (you can see this as a purple tint from the outside if you are waring polarising sunglesses)...maybe antiscratch treatments on the outside too and maybe some kind of antifog technology on the inside....(like my motorcycle visor has)

Has anyone heared of anythin like this for K10 screens...or may be even somwhere that to can take your new unfitted windscreen and have varios treatments applied to it? Antiglare, antiscratch, antifog, graded sunscrean etc?

Oh..., and if there are any bonza wipers that fit on the K10 id like to know...I have used BOSCH for the last few years (the ones with the spoiler that is the same length as the blade)

My Super S windows are definitely tinted slightly more than my LS windows. So maybe thats what you should try to get.

Cant get a pic right now with the light how it is...

A lot of companies provide various tinting options for windscreens now, your best bet is to probably give someone like autoglass a call and ask em what they can provide.

I believe theres now a type of glass that uses a toplayer of a polycarbonate compound, with glass underneath to provide the structural integrity. Its supposed to be very effective at stopping chips and scratches, but I heard that its very pricey.

super S ones are tinted. You can take one out and fit it yourself within the hour.

For wiper blades - go to nissan. They're very good. much better than bosh, and cheaper too.

Checked autoglass today and thay only deal with oem glass..they reccomended a body-shop for post processing but im not sure thata body shop would deal in Uv-antiscratch antifog stuff?...ill shop around a bit more

intersting point on the super S screen....could be worth a look ..i guess its the same fit...

Back