wheel spacers

superls

K10 Tuner
Hi,

just wondering are these legal? as ive heared that they are from some people and they arn't from others???

i want some 15 - 20mm ones for my k10, would these be legal or illegal?

thanks in advance superls

also would i need those bolt extensions???

what thread are the micra studs is it m12 x 1.25mm or something like that?

they are perfectly legal, the only legallity issue is that the wheel arches must cover the width of the wheel, so the wheel cant stick out farther than the arch.

as for 20mm spacers yes you would need longer hub bolts. if i were you id just get wheels with the correct offset as spacers are never something i'd want to fit to any of my cars.

the max you should put on a k10 is a 5mm spacer anymore than that and its new hub bolts and no doubt after a few 1000 miles you'd need new wheel bearings as the extra stress on the hub and hub bolts would ruin the bearings

i want the spacers that thick cos ive got some refurbed standard steelies in white and they look too far set in the arch with my ss kit on so wanted to bring them out a bit. but if its more hassle than its worth then i wont bother.

as long as the top of the tyre is in the arch then its legal.

I cant see steelies with 20mm offset putting much more strain on the bearings.

Ryan.

with standard steelies you wont need more than 10mm to bring the wheels inline with the arches, as i did this on my old super s

depends really personally i wouldn't ever use spacers again as they (despite what everyone saying otherwise) shag the bearings. longer studs are defiantly a recommendation however the biggest spacer Nissan ever fitted to the k10 (and they did do this as a factory option) was 5mm and theres a good reason for that.

anyway long story short.... yes, although you can get away without longer studs but i would recommend it, but then i would recommend what your doing anyway lol

Back