windscreen repair

went to blackpool yesterday and on the motorway the car in front flicked up a stone/object which as very slighty cracked my windscreen! anyone know how much it is to have that resin stuff done?

btw i was travellin at a safe distance but the stone/object still hit.

I should have thought it would be a new windscreen job. Little chips and bullet holes can normally be fixed, which is around £40-£60, but cracks cant be fixed.

It's amazing how it can happen though. When i was doing my Pass Pluss (the bit after your driving test) i was going down a motorway, following a tipper lorry, i was a good 4 or 5 seconds behing it, and suddenly a huge boulder flew off the back of it and hit the edge of the screen/A pillar. The screen was perfectly fine, but the A pillar had a massive dent in, but yet at other times you can have a little piece of grit from the grittin machine that can completly screw your screen.

Any chip up to £1 in size can be repaired, otherwise it's a new windscreen.

Your insurance will hopefully cover it with a small excess (something like £50). I phoned up for a quote for me K11, and it was £380 from Autoglass....!!!!

same happened to me one time i was a fair bit away from car in front doing the speed limit 70 in outside lane but then the dumb ass car in front of me drifted to the right on to the white lines where all the stones n **** is n then flicked some crap at me n *BOOM* one hit my windscreen i didnt find the crack at first until i got outta the car n it was a good few inchs, dumb slow insurance so 2days later it was like 6-7 inchs! cost £50 to fix

its only a little sort of bullet style chip/crack i just want it fixed because of all the cold lately if it gets frosty it mite get bigger

Back