window switches

cant rememeber which way as its been awhile since ive had them in the car, but at least one way if when you operate the switch/window, move it a little bit more and you'll get a second click (in the super s anyway, would expect it to be the same in the others)...that puts the window in automatic...(actually ive got a feeling that it may only work for putting the window back up :) )

good good, i wonder if its the switch or somthing stashed somwhere else...as might be able to modify the passenger one to make it do the same (if you have the urge :) ).

oh and maximus i didnt even know they did that, until i found out by accident :D

Mines a 1.3 SE and the switches definitely don't have an auto mode !! drivers or passenger side... have to hold your finger on it.
Maximus

My SR doesn't have auto up/down either, I made a discovery that only the first generation K11s had the auto up/down (Super S)

You can pick the rlay up in many scrappys though, you should be able to bodge a ford one to work.

Ok thanks for all the replies.... so i am looking for a first generation k11 super s.?
any idea what Reg that would be?
Maximus

it's not just the switches that are auto, they have a seperate control unit of it i think, also the swithces are different from a pre-facelift to a facelift so wont straight swap anyway.

the p11 has auto up and down and similar switches, maybe someting could be done there?
i broke my passenger side window switch (same as yours) and fitted a p11 switch bottom half to my k11 top half as they just mounted differently, but the gubbings was the same.
on the p11 driver's auto up and down, you push/pull the switch onto a second click, but i still think there's a control unit?

the p11 has auto up and down and similar switches, maybe someting could be done there?
i broke my passenger side window switch (same as yours) and fitted a p11 switch bottom half to my k11 top half as they just mounted differently, but the gubbings was the same.
on the p11 driver's auto up and down, you push/pull the switch onto a second click, but i still think there's a control unit?

Cheers swiper
gonna have to look into this.. went through chesterfield the other day.. they made a right mess of that spire didnt they....:) I might live in Nottingham but im a ram through and through ;-)
Maximus.

If it anything like the ford ones i have played with, then there will be an additional relay in the circuit somewhere.

Cheers swiper
gonna have to look into this.. went through chesterfield the other day.. they made a right mess of that spire didnt they....:) I might live in Nottingham but im a ram through and through ;-)
Maximus.

the 'crooked spire' it an actual materpiece, modern art before it's time. at least it gets the town noticed:). the 'built properly spire' just doesn't have the right ring to it! lol
if you manage to sort something out with this auto window buisiness, then please post up

the 'crooked spire' it an actual materpiece, modern art before it's time. at least it gets the town noticed:). the 'built properly spire' just doesn't have the right ring to it! lol
if you manage to sort something out with this auto window buisiness, then please post up

Morning swiper
Totally agree about the spire. its wonderful.
Yep, as soon as i get the switches sorted, ill post up.
Maximus

Back