Few Questions

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Electric Windows:

Ive converted to electric windows and having trouble wiring them. Ok im a spark but not a auto spark.

Ive used universal window winder switches from BMS (motor factor stores) and i cannot understand them..

How do they work.. well i know how they work..

up = one wire to + and one to earth
down = other wire to + and the wire that was + for up is now earth.

Im having to used the wires in connector blocks and put one to the wing mirror screw for a earth haha. very hard when driving and dangerous.

-----------------------------------------------

Super S Dials.

Got some Super S Dials to replace my old L model ones. of course mine now have a rev counter. How do i get it to work.

Also the clock under the rev counter doesnt work. How do i get this working.

------------------------------------------------

Reverse Light.

When removing the engine and putting new engine in we didnt do the reverse light. Now the connector is on the gearbox but no wiring for it on my loom as i can see. Any ideas or should i just rewire this directly to the reverse light on my rear lights.

------------------------------------------------

I am on holiday at the moment in Cornwall and wont be back till saturday night so i wont be back on. Im in a internet cafe which is why i aint searched for a lot of this stuff so can i please have the answers if anyone knows for when i get home it would be much appreciated.

Windows - more info is needed like what wires you have etc, could just need a relay to flip the current flow, NeX is good with elctrics

SuperS dials - been covered plenty of times, do a search when you get back, its an easy job to do

Reverse - You do have a connector on your loom, how would it have worked before otherwise. Have a look for a trapped connector or even a wire thats been cut.

someone also add in here how or where the hell the passenger connector for super s front bumper foglights are!?

k11stew said:
someone also add in here how or where the hell the passenger connector for super s front bumper foglights are!?

i'l have alook on mine tomorrow for u stew :)

andy i have just wired up my electric windows in my supers so i'll do that for you when you back up in oldham...

also rev counters a doddle i'll do that for you aswell...

i sort of understand the reverse switch in the box but could get mine to work so i'll give that ago for you...

if you available sometime we'll work on it all... and guys watch this space for guides, which i'll try and get hosted on Mightymicra... if its ok with Gaz and Paul

cheers mean micra fella.
Just got back about 30mins ago. 7hr drive over 360miles. 1 and a 1/4 tank too used which aint bad saying i was doing 70-80 all the way.

the electric windows all ive got is the actual motor and 2 wires from the motor THATS ALL. so if they need something to switch them over i dont know.

i shall search for the rev counter thingymabob, what about the clock on it though. :S

Cheers guys!

still need help on the super s gauges. ive wired the rev counter up this second (laptop on wireless in car) and the clock below doesnt work still. Any ideas.

also on the guide no offence mightymicra owners but i never had a blue wire on my block of 4 so ive had to wrap the wire around the blank part of it.

Also need helpon my windows as i still aint a clue (as u saw on barryboys thats my wiring for my windows!)

Still cant find my reverse light though. :(

Cheers

can somebody please take a picture of the wires going out of the gearbox for the reversing light as i still cannot find where it goes. Cheers

Back