Window help

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Please help a stressed out man!

The drivers side window has come out the electric window mount holder things.
So I cleaned them out and tried No More Nails......no luck there.
I cleaned out again and tried a 2 piece expoy glue.....no luck there
So I cleaned again and now tried an epoxy putty that hardens like steel......held for a bit but no luck in the end

It's doing my nut in!

I've vice gripped the holders to close them a bit but the stupid window keeps coming out.

Please help

i have a similar problem in the fact that the window goes down but wont go back up.
its a manual window and i have had the doorcard off and it comes out of the runner nearest the door handle.
i have to help it back up with my hand pushing the glass at one side

any ideas?

iv had this problem for a while... wayne keeps fixin but it dont seem to wana work.... last thing he tried was araldyte or whaever it is and tha still didnt work... well annoying!!!! i cant go to car parks where u get ticket on way in or to drive thrus coz it wont come down:(

I think it's sorted.........by the miracle of superglue
found some in car when window buggered up again, will do a proper inspection at weekend.

richmicratwista said:
i have a similar problem in the fact that the window goes down but wont go back up.
its a manual window and i have had the doorcard off and it comes out of the runner nearest the door handle.
i have to help it back up with my hand pushing the glass at one side

any ideas?

:glare: Just try squirting a little oil down the runners. your probaly find its sticking on one side then pushing it out on the other.

agreed. i wd40'd my runners, and stuck the glass with with evo sticks new product sticks like sh*t. works a treat.

i think i used superglue n it worked tried the alydrite thingy n that didnt work it just broke off n glue was in one piece oh yeh i ended up placing a clamp over the plastic thing with the glue to make sure it dries touching it heh but i did have problems with my orginal i remember all glues etc... didnt work so i sourced another plastic thing from my spare micra n i think the foamy thing left on it helped stick it together window works fine now

when i worked at my local nissan dealership we used to use 'tiger seal', which i think is the black bodykit bonder, available from most motor factors. never had any repeat problems. just have to give it time to set.

Hi had the sam problem on all 4 micras I've owned always drivers side, tried gasket sealant, gorilla glue, hard as nails some success? But seems to come away at some point? Longest fix was gasket sealant, and my gorilla glue fix has just come apart today ??? !!!!

Please help a stressed out man!

The drivers side window has come out the electric window mount holder things.
So I cleaned them out and tried No More Nails......no luck there.
I cleaned out again and tried a 2 piece expoy glue.....no luck there
So I cleaned again and now tried an epoxy putty that hardens like steel......held for a bit but no luck in the end

It's doing my nut in!

I've vice gripped the holders to close them a bit but the stupid window keeps coming out.

Please help

I have had some success with this you can buy it from Europart

Attachments

• WP_20161208_13_16_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161208_13_16_55_Pro.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 177
Hi Guys after much window hell on allthe 4 micras I have owned this has worked ! You can buy it from Europart

Attachments

• WP_20161208_13_16_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161208_13_16_55_Pro.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 117
Back