window broke?

The window is held in place on the rollers by mearly glue.... If you take your door card off you will probably see the window has broken out of the slot, some strong super glue should sort that out. Have had one snap on me before now though so not 100%.

man I've had loads of ####e with the crappy windows in the micra.....

you get to the windows by unscrewing the two screws found in the inside door handle...then pull fully the lever to open the door..whilst having the lever fully pulled, put a flat-head screwdriver at a corner of the plastic squarish frame behind the leaver fitted into the door.. that should pop out from the fours corners and just get it out with the lever pulled.. then just pull the door car (door upholstery cardboardish) from the edges ..you'll hear pops at every 6 inches.. keep pulling it off around the periphery until it's all off..put it aside..then you'll have a plastic covering the inside of the door.. only deattach a corner off it not all..as it's glued up and the glue won't still stick much..

you should get a much better idea of the window situation from inside there..

the window sits on metal rails which pull it down or up by the window handle through a sprocket like mechanism.. the window sits on the metal rails by two plastic clips which are glued to the window...my darn window keep getting off these clips.. and I've tried lots of glues...even wurth stuff...had some hope with wurth all purpose sealant..now I've put on WURTH gasket silicone which is Expensive..but had some remaining from when I fixed the TB (throttle body idling issue) when sealing the plate back up.

yet the window is still in place..but I'm unsure about it..... BUT I have two main causes...currently when driving over pot holes Its feeling really hard at the inside..these bumps goes into these small plastics rattling them off.. in fact in 2 days I'm taking the car for new shocks and lower springs..I'm really hoping the ride's gonna be better.

AND THE FIRST cause was the subwoofer... it fachs off everything inside the car being a 15yr old..even though it's extremely well taken care of.

hope this helps!

Ian - Malta

Back