window switch

My brother slammed the door shut and cracked the passenger side switch so I replaced it and put the new one in, it just wanted to constantly wind up so I got another one and still doesn't work but if you hold the passenger switch up and push up on the drivers side the window goes down but If you let go of the switch the window automatically winds up.
Any ideas?

Sounds like pins on your new switch are different to old one so effectively wored wrong...

Maybe, might be worth searching the forum and seeing if its happened to anyone before first though

Chris b didn't realise they're not servo motors, no encoders on them that would require them to be referenced. What you will have is a 3 position switch with a single normally closed position (in the middle, closed meabing switch is made) and 2 normally open positions (open meaning switch is not made) that are
push to make. You need to identify which pins do what with a multimeter, then use the wiring diagrams that are floating abojt on here somewhere to work out what goes where. I have a switch here but my multimeter is at work so can't help more until monday am afraid...

Back