Wiechers Rear Strut Brace

CMF_Skinkch

» CMF Member
Hi All,
I bought a Wiechers Rear Strut Brace for my K11 and I don't see how to fix it ! :(

I tought that it was the same thing than my OMP front strut brace. ( on the top of the shock absorbers),but it's not the same shape than the OMP.

Am I obligated to make holes to fix this strut brace?
Anyone had already fix this?

Thanks in advance,

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah to me it looks like a pillar brace that bolts between each rear seatbelt mount. I want one of those one time!

CMF_Skinkch

» CMF Member
Thanks for your ideas, but the strut brase is shorter than the spacing between the two seatbelts mount :(

I think, it bolts in the white area of the last picture, below the top of te rear shock, because it's the only place where the spacing is exactly the strut brace lentgh .... :(

All of rear strut brace that I seen, were bolts on the top of rear shocks .... mmmm I love Wiechers ;)

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
You cant really bolt it to the top of the shocks as they are not fastened to the chassis at the top as such, they are just bolted to stop them falling through.

Looks like you will need to drill and bolt it, I would suggest using some big washers on the other side to stop it putting too much strain in one place, or perhaps get a big plate made up?

CMF_Skinkch

» CMF Member
ohhhh, I don't understand all you say because I'm french and my english is very restricted. :(

There's something I'dont understand, normally the strut brace is made to be bolt at an existing place ... something has escape me..

At the beginning its not envisaged to drill.

Its not plug and play? lol

CMF_Skinkch

» CMF Member
ok , I've found ... :(

This strut brace is the same than Alfa 156 :

http://shop.alfisti.net/Tuning-Styl...-Veerpootbrug-achteren::1420.html?language=en

It's write in BOLD : Attention - You have to drill holes!!!

On the Wiechers Website, I had not see anywhere that I had to drill holes...

GRrrr it's a shame :(

So, go for drilling... I keep you informed where I will drill ..
I have mail Wiechers for an installation note ..

Thankss a lot for your posts.

Back