Why are Micras so small?

Spent a few hours pondering how to fit an electric steering pump to the redrallymicra, there just isn't enough room. Gonna have to stick with the mech power steering.

Could do with a Micra Clubman! Does anyone here remember the Mini Clubman, it was the old classic Mini but with a different bonnet and wings on that gave you more room round the engine.:suspect:

well first of all the micra is a city car, its not ment to be modified so it is exactly the right size.

anything can be made to fit, if you want to put an electric power steering pump in, why not put it where the battery sits for example? you can hack bits out and weld bits in to make the car any shape you want.

and there are a LOT of different micras out there, there is the micra saloon, or the micra box, or the cabriolet, there are some with turbos from the factory, some with 4 wheel drive, micras have got to be one of the most diverse models ever

micra saloon:

http://www.auto####e.com/forum/view...ghlight=&sid=207e2fcd02dda6ea7d9997c136b78f16

ok stupid forum filter!!

800px-Nissan_March_sedan_001.JPG

800px-Nissan_March_Box_002.JPG

I used to have a modified vw caddy so the thought of modding a micra pick up floats my boat bigtime :grinning: That saloon is wicked aswell but im not to sure about the box which looks like a kia(just wrong)

i wanted the back hatch from the box, see if it would fit to a normal micra with that wrap around back window it has.

Ah right. Cool. I've seen a few March boxes on tradecarview.com thought they'd be a better than a standard 3/5 door if one wanted to do a pickup conversion. If I do think about getting one I'll let you know and you could probably have the hatch if you wanted. But at the moment its not on the cards, barely got enough to keep Gordie the Green Machine running let own get another car for a project.

Back