Whiteline Works Kit

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Dealing with whiteline and autobahn has not really gotten me the desired information.

What does the whiteline works kit include, all parts or just key components and of you who have gone this route roughly what did it cost and how difficult was it to install.

I did a bit of a search on the forums but nothing came up relating to the questions.

Any help would be appreciated.

all whiteline will give you is a bunch of promises that it'll arrive at your door in a couple of days. all b/s, they take forever, the only good things they do are swaybars, anti lift kit and rear pan hard. shocks/springs are too soft for any sort of enthusiastic driving imo. get some sway bars from them and a panhard rod, grab yourself some coilovers and your away.

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Dont think i can swing the sort of cash needed for the coil overs so it will need to be some standard springs/shocks upgrade

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
don't think they sell the works kit for the micra anymore..
( correct me if i am wrong tho.. )
Have to buy it all separately,
and some of there stuf is secondrate IMO

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Yeah I have been reading that, I think it will be coming down to a mix mash of what i can get that I have heard is good.

The coil overs would be quality but the 1250 could be spent elsewhere for the time being.

Ill say I will stick with the sway bars and pan hard rod and go from there and see what i can do with tax cheque

thanks for the feedback most appreciated

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
G4 kits are rubbish and should not even be allowed on public roads.

Crap quality. Just cheap chinese garbage someone is importing for stuff all $$ and then flogging off with massive margins and a fancy sounding brand name.

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"G4 kits are rubbish and should not even be allowed on public roads.<BR><BR>Crap quality. Just cheap chinese garbage someone is importing for stuff all $$ and then flogging off with massive margins and a fancy sounding brand name.

You get what you pay for. Do some searching around on g4 coilovers & you may be fairly shocked at some of there breakages.

In regards to whitelines, dont waste your time dealing with them as a company. If the parts aren't in stock then don't hold your breath on getting them. Having said that I had whiteline springs, anti-lift kit & front/rear swaybars in my blue car & it handled very well for a street car.

I agree with turbo the springs are to soft for serious driving, but then you have to ask yourself what do you intend on doing with the car. Is it a fun daily driver or a weekend toy? Build your suspension based around what you want the car to be & what you can afford.

In reguards to how hard is it all to fit, well that depends on your skills. Are you a total novice or do you have some idea of what your doing. If you have some mechanical skills, a manual & the correct toold, then it easy.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
haha tell us what you realy think!!

i have whiteline rear sway, castor kit and panhard along with apexi 30mm lowered springs and kyb shocks.... the things pretty sweet, could do with some new/better tyres and a front swaybar

but overall pretty happy with the whiteline stuff. nice and cheap and hasnt failed on me yet!

tris WROTE:

"haha tell us what you realy think!!<BR><BR>i have whiteline rear sway, castor kit and panhard along with apexi 30mm lowered springs and kyb shocks.... the things pretty sweet, could do with some new/better tyres and a front swaybar<BR><BR>but overall pretty happy with the whiteline stuff. nice and cheap and hasnt failed on me yet!

whiteline isn't ****. their sway bars are better then the jap stuff.. as far as i know no one in jap land makes a adjustable rear bar.. a panhard bar is a panhard bar thou.. atleast i think it is.. i'll find out when my red cars goin anywho which now has a rose jointed nismo item in it. if i was on a budget, i'd get some jap springs and just some excel g shocks with some whiteline swaybars, it will still handle awesome, and be comfy for the daily grind. that said, i've got some tanabe sustec pro rear shocks for sale to :D, as for G4, i think its prety ****in scary that the chinese are manufacturing brake kits.. omfg. look out.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Hope those springs are going well for you tris. They seemed fine in my car.
Snoopy WROTE:

"Yom WROTE:<BR><BR>"G4 kits are rubbish and should not even be allowed on public roads.<BR><BR>Crap quality. Just cheap chinese garbage someone is importing for stuff all $$ and then flogging off with massive margins and a fancy sounding brand name."</DIV><BR><BR>You get what you pay for. Do some searching around on g4 coilovers & you may be fairly shocked at some of there breakages.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not in the game of buying things which have a high chance of killing me. :) Hehe. For once I'm glad to not have someone who has just bought a set on my back telling me I'm an idiot. Cheers chris. :)

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"tris WROTE:<BR><BR>"haha tell us what you realy think!!<BR><BR>i have whiteline rear sway, castor kit and panhard along with apexi 30mm lowered springs and kyb shocks.... the things pretty sweet, could do with some new/better tyres and a front swaybar<BR><BR>but overall pretty happy with the whiteline stuff. nice and cheap and hasnt failed on me yet!"</DIV><BR><BR>whiteline isn't ****. their sway bars are better then the jap stuff.. as far as i know no one in jap land makes a adjustable rear bar.. a panhard bar is a panhard bar thou.. atleast i think it is.. i'll find out when my red cars goin anywho which now has a rose jointed nismo item in it. if i was on a budget, i'd get some jap springs and just some excel g shocks with some whiteline swaybars, it will still handle awesome, and be comfy for the daily grind. that said, i've got some tanabe sustec pro rear shocks for sale to :D, as for G4, i think its prety ****in scary that the chinese are manufacturing brake kits.. omfg. look out.

Rose joints on the panhard rod are a good idea. nissan have been using them in the patrols for a while instead of rubber bushings. Naturally you still need at least one end to be made of a flexible material or you'll wear the rose joint out fairly prematurely. They dont usually cope well with vibration in the one spot continually.

BTW nissan also use sealed roses on their panhard rods. If the nismo joint is like the whiteline swaybar droplinks god knows how long it will last when dirt and stuff starts getting into it.

My complaint of the whiteline stuff is the urethrane bushings - this stuff wears out faster than rubber. So while you get less bushing flex for the first 30,000km after that as it starts to wear you go back to what rubber feels like, and then another 30,000km later you've got to replace them all again!! Manufacturers still use rubber for a reason.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"Hope those springs are going well for you tris. They seemed fine in my car.

yeah going sweet! still got a knocking in the front left shock i cant manage to track down and nail... but as its been doing it for a long time and everythings tight, i gave up spending hours taking apart the shocks and strut tops.

that said... if anyone else had the same problem when lowering their car with new shocks and managed to fix it, i'd love to know how!

CMF_micrat

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"G4 kits are rubbish and should not even be allowed on public roads"

your are not wrong there!
************************* SAY NO TO CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the Chinese should be banned for producing car parts!
and stick to what they know best....making sweet and sour chihuahua
Chinese performance parts (brakes and suspension) are an accident waitng to happen!!

Quality coilovers (ones worht having) cost about three times as much.
They start at about $3500 through to about $14000

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"G4 kits are rubbish and should not even be allowed on public roads.

Crap quality. Just cheap chinese garbage someone is importing for stuff all $$ and then flogging off with massive margins and a fancy sounding brand name.

Yeah and all the breakages i have found on them are on flogger out drift cars. For a car i was drifitng all the time i would not put them on it but for a daily driven micra they are fine and seem to hold up well. I will be sure to let you all know if they fail in any way. At this stage i would recomend them for a cheap coilover kit.

This is just my opinion on the things i got That is all. I am sure there is better out there.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
They are what they are, a cheap option! Years ago no one had coilovers mainly becauce the Yen was **** and there was no other option. Now the best of Jap coilovers are priced more reasonably and you have a cheap option of getting into coilovers. I still think for what they are they are a bargin, fully adjustable height and damper alot of them. If you look at your local jap importer they charge similar money for secondhand stuff and you have no idea of the kms or life they've had. If your only wanting to spend around 1000-1400 and your not wanting to import something yourself they are a good cheap option. I think everyones heard stories of someone that got a dodgy set, but who has not heard a story about the better branded stuff being not so reliable aswell.

Don't attack just my 2cents.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
yeah i totally agree Tony. Well put. They also come with i think it is a 12 months warrenty and the guys at Just jap are really helpfull. Either way i got them and i rate them highly untill i have problems.

Tony WROTE:

"They are what they are, a cheap option! Years ago no one had coilovers mainly becauce the Yen was **** and there was no other option. Now the best of Jap coilovers are priced more reasonably and you have a cheap option of getting into coilovers. I still think for what they are they are a bargin, fully adjustable height and damper alot of them. If you look at your local jap importer they charge similar money for secondhand stuff and you have no idea of the kms or life they've had. If your only wanting to spend around 1000-1400 and your not wanting to import something yourself they are a good cheap option. I think everyones heard stories of someone that got a dodgy set, but who has not heard a story about the better branded stuff being not so reliable aswell.<BR><BR>Don't attack just my 2cents.

+1, its not just a matter of walking down to your local autobarn and getting a set of coilovers of the shelf for a k11, g4's might be ****, but there cheap, and they do what 99.9% of people will want them to do.. slam it. no way would i touch there braking equipment with a ten foot pole though. i like to stop... everytime i push the pedal.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
tris WROTE:

"Yom WROTE:

"Hope those springs are going well for you tris. They seemed fine in my car.

"</div>

yeah going sweet! still got a knocking in the front left shock i cant manage to track down and nail... but as its been doing it for a long time and everythings tight, i gave up spending hours taking apart the shocks and strut tops.

that said... if anyone else had the same problem when lowering their car with new shocks and managed to fix it, i'd love to know how!

tris

your knocking may be the bottom balljoint, when you jack the car up the joint usually moves away from the wearspot and the play disappears.
on mot,s we have to drop the car down onto swivel plates and shake the top of the wheel

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
tris WROTE:

"ahh ok... ill have a look thanks heaps!! how did you fix it?? also what does the balljoint look like??

thanks, tris

tris

the joint is integral with the wishbone iirc, you have to get someone to shake the top of the wheel (not jacked up) while you check all the joints with a torch

frank

Back