Rally works kit. (pics)

kristian

One Way Mule
DSCN1145.JPG
So here are a few pics of the WORKS kit on my micra..

fitted most of it today

TELL ME WHAT YOU ALL THINK??

DSCN1128.JPG

DSCN1151.JPG

THE ONLY THINGS I ACTUALLY BOLTED ON WERE THE WINGS COZ IT STARTED TO RAIN..

but as you can see the panels line up fine..

ill post more pics later on..
#

my drive turned into a mini micra meet today...

DSCN1131.JPG

and my new car ...

DSCN1146.JPG

looking nice mate...

at first i thought they were all your micras!
another crazy micra fanatic like me lol

i was gonna buy the rally kit about 3 yrs ago,if only i did:(

good luck with it,
btw u gonna keep your car green or spray it 2 tone?

Umar

U cant, its part of the chassis/shell...

Its all thats left of my car bar the shell, the raer qtrs are just on with tape over the top as u can see

as u can see he used the grinder from the second pic and took out the rear 1/4 and then stuck the Rally one with cellotape:laugh:

how can u not see that
lol

j/k mate

its stuck on like Neil wrote

Very interested to see the end result. Is that the actual wide rally bodykit sold by WME?
How are you going to widen the tracking? I hope you're not going to use spacers!

will dfinatly be interting to see the end result.

still unsure on it. but we shall see. im sure itll be the dogs when finished.

so the question is: what have you done to the rear quater panel then??

also if your going the rallyworks wide arch kit etc.
are you going the whole hog and doing the stickers etc aswell and making it a full rally schlag lookielikie. or simply spraying single tone colour.?

the rear quater will have to come off at some point so was wondering how you take it off, i know it doesnt unbolt, it just gets cut with grinder does it?

Ive not cut the rear quarters..

They dont come off.. the NEW quarters actually fit to it...

The rest is bolt on and bolt off...the kit will be being sprayed hopefully within two weeks

Ive started to make a photo diary of the work.. will keep update as it progresses...

Here are a few more pics.. you can see the mounting on the wings for example..

Grill

DSCN1142.JPG

Spoiler

spoiler.JPG

Mounting brackets

DSCN1122.JPG

DSCN1124.JPG

The kit came with fibre glass bonnet vents and Two light pods..

comments?

kristian

The kit looks great mate! :)

I drove past yesterday, and saw all those Micra's on your drive. I wondered what was going on. :D

If you're out and about next time I'm driving, I'll stop off if you don't mind... and have a look mate. :)

-Elliot

keep up the good work mate. I have to admit that when i first seen it i didnt like it one bit but its growing on me, looks kinda cool on your car. Lovin the fact u got two micras though, the works one gonna be a project car? you will have to keep us updated with pics - u any ideas what colour the kits gonna be sprayed? Same colour as car? IMO you should go for an entirely new paint job - set it off

the quater panels are meant to come off for the fitment of this kit, or most of the arch area cut off anyway, thats the point they were made to create a new bigger arch area for the rally car suspension setup/track and wheels.

Some of you may have seen the black micra with a very similar wide arch kit..

this is different..

the arches are the SAME size as the standard arches... Its the TARMAC kit.. NOT the 'forest' kit which is what the black kit is..

. .the arches are flared obviously but the diameter of the arch is the SAME..

This will not need 19'' wheels to fill the arch.. its gonna have 16'' with 7''/8'' width..

ill post a pics of inside arch soon...

i see what you mean.
so you intend to leave the quaterpanel/standard arch in place then? as you could save a nice bit of weight if you have it like the rally cars do and remove it. if you have it lowered by a respectable amount you would want to modifiy the arches anyway if you having 16" 7/8" wheels on.

Yeah I read somewhere that the rally, or at least the works cars, cut the rear quarter and the suspension mounts out as well to accomodate the wider arches, would be nice to see that in the flesh :)

Looking sweet. Will be mad when its finished mate!!! Keep us updated. You coming to the shows to show it off when its finished?? :D

Back