whiteline stuff...

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
looking into getting a whiteline front roll bar second hand, not too bothered about the rear as ive been in a micra with just an uprated front roll bar and stnadard on the rear and it still handles awsome!

also been looking at whiteline front lower strut brace.

anyone got any they are selling?

What's your budget? I have a set of brand new front and rear HD (heavy duty) Whiteline antiroll bars that I'm not going to use, complete with bushes/fittings. :)

toney: i think squarepants is after whiteline arbs. is that right mate??
i'v got nissan ones on at the moment. was looking for an upgrade. as i said toney, you can have the trailing arm, but if you get hold of sammyboi then could you ask him if he still has the other stuff for sale please, and maybe if he has and you go pick up the trailing arm, you could get the other stuff for me and i could pick it up from you:D:D
sorry to hijack your tread squarepants, but i think that toney is trying to sell nissan arb

An uprated front Whiteline anti-roll bar on it's own will actually make the car understeer more than it does standard. Upgrading the rear anti-roll bar will make the biggest difference for the money.

The lower front braces are not necessarily a simple bolt-on. Generally the lower wishbone bolts will have corroded to the wishbone bush casings making their removal a total pain.......I ended up replacing both my front wishbones, bushes, bolts etc.......then again I was re-building the car, so doing it anyway but it is worth bearing this in mind before making a purchase on one.

the only reason i didnt fit it was because the 1.6 crossmember comes lower
yer ive had to cut mine off to fit the nismo bushes

you will find all the back end bushes are the same
its the piece of metal tube that the bolt goes though gets seized to the bolt
i just burnt the bush out which gave me enough room to get the grinder in

and low rider your right the rear ARB makes alot of difference
with the whiteline ARB going from the hard setting to soft makes the whole car handle alot different

Yeah, I totally re-built the whole suspension system this year, front & rear and ended up with a dremel, hacksaw and a mapp-gas blow torch to get them all off. Worth it in the end, as the Nismo bushes do make a nice difference to the way the car handles, if you don't mind the increased noise through the car that is ;)

I decided after all the work, (and it is a pig), I never wanted to do it again, so I replaced ALL suspension bolting for A4-70 high tensile stainless bolts and machined up some special 316L stainless bush casings for the front wishbones and rear panhard rod, which in itself has a lousy designed link to the axle, so a revised version was made to make it stronger.

Anyways.......slight off topic :S Having used the normal Whiteline rear anti-roll bar, I am inclined to go for the HD version, as I would like a bit more bite.

I believe the 2 (front and rear) HD bars are £150ish the pair? These are still new and unused so I'd be looking for 'around' £100. I'll post an ad up in the For Sale section either tonight or tomorrow. That should give you an idea on prices...

Back