Where's the fuse ?

Hey guys

I'm new here and looking for some guidance for my girlfriends L Reg (91) Micra.

Her lighter's dead and I'd like to try changing the fuse first before looking at anything else.

I've tried various searches on t'internet but didnt find anything.

Can someone be good enough to let me know where the fuses are kept and what number the lighter will be?

Cheers
Martin

all fuses are on the drivers side near the bonnet puller, i have a feeling its the same fuse for lots of things, such as radio and other stuff.

That would be fuse number 7 (counting from left to right) it is a 20A ignition live which is fed live current only when the ignition switch is in the "ACC" or "ON" position.

One important thing to keep in mind is that the fuse box lid does not list every system that it provides power to, so just because a particular system is not listed on there does not mean that it isn't fed by that particular fuse.
e.g. The horn, hazard lights, analogue/digital clock and the interior light are all powered by fuse number 4, but only the horn and hazard lights are listed for it.

Common Fault;
Assuming that you are wanting to use the fag lighter socket to power a sat nav or anything else other than the actual fag lighter.
The lighter socket is a sloppy fit and sometimes it is nessasery to rotate the plug of your electrical device by up to 90 degrees in either direction in order to get a good contact with the earth points.
Try this out after checking the fuse, before getting into any wiring checks. (Y)

Back