Where's my for sale post gone?

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
I just tried searching for my old for sale post selling my turbo kit, but cant seem to find it!

It's very frustrating because it took a long time to list all the stuff in that post!

The title was along the lines of:
"complete turbo kit for sale" or similar. Probably first posted about a year or 9 months ago.

Am I just a dunce at using the search function or has it disappeared due to the unsavoury comments by some posters?

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
Ok now I've just noticed that I cant seem to find any of my previous posts, including the ones that document the build of my turbo micra. Completed in March 2008.

This is bad, I really love reliving the journey on occasion. And although I still have all the photos, it's the chat and my journal/blog that I'll really miss.

HELP! PLEASE :)

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
If there has been a clean up, doesn't that defeat the purpose of the forum?

What gives one person the right to determine what is needed and what should be deleted? The old saying of one mans trash is another mans treasure surely applies here. I have always regarded this forum as an invaluable source of information on all things Micra, both old, and new.

Maybe if other posters can try a search for a large, blog-style post from their past and see if they can find it.

I dont understand what you mean re: way back machine? please elaborate.

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
http://www.archive.org/

It's a project to archive the internet. They have a lot of sites from years back stored there, that's how a lot of the gallery pictures have been resurrected.

Many many forums have a setting that by default will erase topics once they reach a certain age (based off last post) in order to keep the overall size of the forums data down so that there aren't free space problems for new posts.

Back