where to get stuff

CMF_underconstruction

» CMF Member
yes i know this form is only for k11 micra's
but i've got a question for a k10 micra.
i've bought a black k10 super s for my girlfriend. whit some nice pulsar sss wheels. but i'm looking for a sport exhaust and some lowering springs does someone know where to get it?

thanks michael

cisco

» CMF Member
Not sure how to help you re:k10 parts sorry. micra.org.uk will probably know some places.

55: We can't import decent cars because our government is trying to protect our local manufacturers Ford/Holden and parts of Mitsubishi and Nissan that operate here or used to (I think both not building any cars here any more).

Its pretty sad and annoying. Our local companies don't give a rats about decent small cars, their small cars are rubbish, or imported Opel Holdens anyway, so it just gives us little choice.

Would make living in Japan for 1 year totally worthwhile, because after 1 year living there and owning a car, you have the right to import it back into Australia with you. Would be great to just go there and buy 3 cool cars, let them sit somewhere for 1 year, then bring 'em back. Problem is car spaces over there very expensive, they would have to be left somewhere out in the sticks, nowhere near Tokyo etc.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
They've put some more rules on it now cisco. You can only import one car at a time now and I believe there may even be a limit as to how many cars you can bring in every 5 years or something (that last part may have just been on the cards, not actually put into action).

The only other small car which is now readily available in australia and is a real little corker is the Ford Festia. Much better than the Festiva (which while rubbish was a pretty solid and reliable car, more than you can say for the Barina which was far from reliable in the long run).

couldnt you get a contact whos been living over there a for a year to buy a car you want. import it into australia as if he was going to move there. then unexpectadly he changes his mind as soon as it hits australian shores and get him to sell it to you at the price he bought it for. someone should look into loopholes to get some cars to you. its a real ****ter not being able to get jap imports.

Back