Where to get Replacement Key

Hi all

I have just bought a Micra E (K12 1.0) from a trader but the car comes with 1 key (key with remote control) only. I would like to know how can I get a spare one? I can't find the key code from the key as well.

It is my first day as a Micra owner, excited!

Thanks.

Howard

i think you can try purchase a remote control key fob from ebay then get it programmed by your local dealer. i have only got one too so i attach it to my house and work keys, i'll never forget them anywhere then.

I got the uncut key from ebay but failed to program the remote control with my K12. Have anyone tried the following procedure to reprogram the remote control on K12?
I couldn't get the car into the programming mode.

NISSAN Micra Key Remote Control Programming
The Central Door locking is controlled by the
Multi-Remote Control system which controls the
door locking, door super locking and hazard
reminder. When the doors are locked and
unlocked the unit flashes the hazard lights once
for lock and twice for unlock.
A maximum of four remote controls are allowed to
be programmed.
Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either
by using a good transponder key or remote control
plip key.
1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6
times within 10 seconds.
2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave
key in ignition switch.
3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter
programming mode and will flash the warning
lights twice.
4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.
5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock
button 3 times.
6. Release the unlock button.
7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate
successful programming.
8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key¡¦s.
9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the
warning lights will flash 2 times.
10. Remove key, and check all plip key¡¦s f or
operation.
NOTE : The programming mode will stop when
either the ignition is switch ON, 4 plip keys have
been programmed or no input signal either from
the switch or plip keys has been received for 120
seconds.

I think that the newer types have a "rolling" code. ie it changes every time youstart the car. The dealer can programme the replacement key.

just a quick note
the guy selling keys on ebay in the link above said £18 buy it now or best offer
i put in offer for £10, got rejected ofcourse
put offer in for £13 , and it got accepted. so just to let others know

Has anyone suceeded with the UNCUT ebay replacement key ?

The Guy selling uncut K12 keys is still selling them. My calculations are if you can use one of these it should save you about £100 - which is about half the normal outrageous charge. Has anyone actually gone down this route successfully? ie -

Buy the UNCUT key on ebay for £20.
Asked (very nicely) your local dealer to then do 3 things -
1 - programme the NATs transponder,
2 - cut the blade
3 - programme the central locking system

Part 2 may be possible at your local locksmiths, and part 3 may be DIY using the "in-out-button pressing routine" you can find above and on other forums, but part 1 is something it seems only a dealer with a magic machine can do.

However I am unable to find anyone who just says I did this and it worked.

i bet your key doesnt have a chip in it had a guy buy one from ebay the other day and came to get it coded and guess what it didnt work hence the low price, i could do what he is doing sell you a key fob with the chip removed! once the key fob is coded to the car it cant be recoded it is a virgin unit, id be very surprise if they had the chip in them, any way you cant get round it you will have to go to nissan im afraid.

@matt
I bought my uncut K12 keys from the ebay guy.
It had chips inside for coding.
I called around for dealers that were willing to do the cutting.
(Most wouldn't just cut and quoted me 200 quid for a key)
I took it to a dealer, had my car serviced there $______$ and asked very nicely for them to cut & code my keys.
In the end came down to less than 400 for service & 2 new keys :)

By the way the new keys are a bit temperamental and need some practice getting used to...

Dealers dont cut keys on site... When the parts person orders a key, they order the blank key and give the key code to the parts department from the nissan main parts depot and when it arrives at the dealer its pre-cut... just if anyone is wondering (Y)

@matt
I bought my uncut K12 keys from the ebay guy.
It had chips inside for coding.
I called around for dealers that were willing to do the cutting.
(Most wouldn't just cut and quoted me 200 quid for a key)
I took it to a dealer, had my car serviced there $______$ and asked very nicely for them to cut & code my keys.
In the end came down to less than 400 for service & 2 new keys :)

By the way the new keys are a bit temperamental and need some practice getting used to...

If the keys are cut from the original key number code, you have to remember your locks have a bit of wear and therefore they may need time to bed in to the locks

If they are cut from the profile of the worn key,
(1) you are at the mercy of the person cutting them - do they actually care if they work or not
(2) Has the worn key been damaged: ie. bent, straightened and possibly stretched

@k11micra
Yeah the dealer said the same thing; that they'll become easier to turn with use.
The key worked quite well yesterday.

They actually got the pattern of the key originally, so it's not cut from the worn key :)

(sp practise practise practise...)

Hi, just joined up to add to this thread.

My mum's just bought a 2003 K12 which only had one key. I've been looking at my options and in doing so have discovered that her current key has no transponder in the handle, much like one of the keys in this YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FXwSdIpafQ

I've no idea yet what bearing that has on anything, will be testing key blade alone with remote/handle nowhere near car to see if car starts at weekend, but mention it just to keep everyone informed.

As has been said I can confirm that Nissan dealers don't (and can't) cut keys, they order them in.

I've noticed this eBay seller selling K12 keys

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200673558010?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

with the warning

"DONT BUY A USED REMOTE KEY FOR THESE VEHICLE

BECAUSE THAY WILL NOT CODE TO YOUR CAR"

However, they same seller is selling this USED K12 remote key here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200669585903?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I emailed the seller for verification, and after multiple tries finally got the reply stating just 'As it says' (no hello, thank you, goodbye...).

Anyone have any dealings with this seller? Is he as dishonest as it seems, or honest, a bit dim and exceedingly rude?

So far I'm looking at (once I've purchased a spare remote/key) getting the blade cut locally from the original key, and then the Nissan main dealer will code to car for £50 inc. VAT

The whole system in a swindle
The value of many older vehicles is less than the cost of a key. That was my situation with my old K11,--- SCRAPPED-- for want of a key.
Great for the car industry and insurance companies but as usual not much fun for the owner.
The web is full of people in the same distress.
Why don't the makers programme the system to remove the security after seven or at worst ten years?

Hi all

I have just bought a Micra E (K12 1.0) from a trader but the car comes with 1 key (key with remote control) only. I would like to know how can I get a spare one? I can't find the key code from the key as well.

It is my first day as a Micra owner, excited!

Thanks.

Howard

i got a spare key to my micra last year just manual though it cost me roughly £109 all inc VAT and everything for this company http://www.autokeysquad.com/lost-nissan-car-keys-replaced .. :) i hope it helps.. i just found them on google on my first research.. service was not bad! i was satisfied so i can reccomend them.. :) cheers!

Back