where to get new key fob?

andy_con

Club Member (Trial)
where would one go to get a new key fob for central locking and metal key for the locks. is nissan and there £200 price tag the only place?

thanks

where would one go to get a new key fob for central locking and metal key for the locks. is nissan and there £200 price tag the only place?

thanks

im sure someone on e-bay repairs them or buy a repair kit on e-bay and do it yourself. you will have to get key coded if its got nats some locksmiths can code new keys if you want another key.

got my other halfs car a few years back (second hand) but it only came with one key (remote and metal key all in one)
if she loses that key shes screwed as she does not have a spare. so i need a new remote and metal key all in one, coded for her car and the key cut to right shap etc..

nissan want about £200 for the fob i think they bloody expensive, so all ideas/help is welcome

hi

im afraid im on the same boat as you but sometimes this site can be a little slow at replying at times :p. anyways, there are a few methods of getting a key cut with the most notable one being the nissan stealers. ive heard that you can use the fob from your existing key by taping it under the steering column so that when you get your new keys cut the car will start because of the key fob which has the nats installed cant remember wether mines is blue or red either way you will see this when you open your key fob, the colour is important when getting a new key fob too. i was quoted £125 for a key at a local key cutters but wasnt sure wether this was going to work 100% so im still left with 1 key at the moment.

regards me

say again? that makes no sense to me.

the ebay link ive posted above is an identical fob to my gfs.

nissan want £50 to reprogram which isnt bad and £25 to cut a new metal key again which isnt bad.

if nissan are offering that price can you get a quotation sheet or something cos its certainly not that price up in Scotland!!!!!!!!!!

say again? that makes no sense to me.

the ebay link ive posted above is an identical fob to my gfs.

nissan want £50 to reprogram which isnt bad and £25 to cut a new metal key again which isnt bad.

you will have to reprogram the keys off e-bay anyway. my local locksmiths reprogrammed a key for me it was like 30pounds. try near yours.

you will have to reprogram the keys off e-bay anyway. my local locksmiths reprogrammed a key for me it was like 30pounds. try near yours.

manny can you tell me which key to buy from ebay ie remote fob and give me the link so i know im getting the correct key, would appreciate very much :)

regards me

Back