Where is the for sale section here?

I use around 10 different car forums daily and I run one of them and this site is the only one that charges a membership for people to sell. I know the club needs funds for hosting etc.

I'm guessing a lot of new members like myself who have bits to sell are put off by having to pay.
I've broken a couple of Micra's now and the members of this club would have benefited as I sold the bits I did not want ridiculously cheap I even give a few away on various other sites as I'm not prepared to pay to sell stuff on here.

We also introduced the seller membership (£2.99 for a month for anyone that was wondering) to clamp down on scammers, which we had a great deal of once.

A small cost not only puts off the scammers, but also gives us some details via PayPal so we have a method of recourse should anything bad happen.

I'm planning on creating a survey for our members soon on the "state of club" to see if there's anything that they want changing, and this will be one of the questions on there.

You're right though, bandwith isn't free and we use a lot of it! :) the server costs ~€40 a month, which the membership revenues go towards. Not only this but it funds events like JAE, where we provide all attendees with free snacks and fizzy drinks.

Back