when is melbourne having another meet?

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Okay, I've posted some details for our meet. I'll drive to the selected rally point this Sunday to check that it's not too congested on Sundays at the time we will be meeting.

More info to follow. Keep checking up regularly for updates.

Mychael

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Hahaha what the hell. The meet point is literally about 2 minutes from me. It's literally one major street over from my place.

There used to be four servos on that intersection - one on each corner. There's only 3 now. There's two mobils on opposite corners and a shell, which is where I've often filled up my car. There's also a car wash next to one of the mobils if people wanna wash their car before attending.

Carpark might be a little busy on sunday morning because of shopping and whatnot. Might try and think of somewhere nearby (possibly village green accross the road) that will have adequate parking that's easily accessible.

Here's me thinking i'd be going somewhere I hadn't been before. I know of a few good routes up in the dandenongs, and i'll be bringing a mate who knows almost every road like the back of his hand, so no probs there.

That's just so wierd :p

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Then again if we don't have that many cars, we should be able to find somewhere appropriate.

I'll try and see how busy the places gets this sunday so I can get a bit of an impression of how things will be.

There are BBQ's spread around jells park too, so there's always the possibility of that for lunch or something. Either that, or going to one of the lookouts for lunch or to skyhigh (though entry there is $4 per car).

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
That's alright mate. I'd say even village green might get a little busy on a sunday, but I'd say even then there'd be enough room for us and would be easy enough to find everyone.

There's access to village green after the intersection going westbound on ferntree gully rd and access before the intersection going northbound on springvale rd. Should all be pretty clear in the melways.

There's a coles in brandon park if we need any bbq supplies on the day, though we can sort out who can bring what before hand to make things easier if we want to do a bbq :)

---dens

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
I am away for a week, leaving Monday. So over these next fives days I need a final confirmation of those planning to attend the meet. Check the details etc in the events listing.
Meeting place will be as listed, we can decided on the day where we want to drive to.

Mychael

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
After watching the Village Green carpark on sunday mornings, it actually seems a little busier than Brandon Park. We should still be ok if we don't want to change it, though from what i've seen we'd likely have a bit more room in brandon park.

Would've thought the shopping centre would have been busier, though I guess I was wrong..

The car should be back together and on the road by then, dispite the unbelieveably bad luck I seem to be having this week.

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Alright guys - the meet is this sunday if any of you have forgotten. Just a few things to mention:

It's daylight savings as of sunday, which means that time will be moved forward an hour (I think..) so theoretically it's like being there at 9am instead of 10.

Since mipcar is away this week doing stuff, if you need to contact someone for finding where the meet point is or any other info - you can call my mobile - 0403 806 966.

I'll sketch up a map of where to meet in the carpark on the sunday morning so it's easier to find everyone.

---dens

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Hey Dens, Mate your a champ. Thanks for minding the store. You've mentioned everything I'd thought of. Only other suggestion I have is if anyone has hand held UHF radios bring them along.
My contact number is 59444078. Mobile on the day is 0412749919.

Mychael

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Oh, yeah I might be able to get a few radios too. I'll call up a couple of mates and see how many I can get ;)

Here's the map of the meet place and whatnot. The two parking options I've shown were picked so it'd be pretty easy to find everyone.

**EDIT: Look further down for updated map**

If you need any other details don't hesitate to ask. Would be handy if you could confirm you're coming by posting in here, too.

---dens

CMF_jay22

» CMF Member
I will be there. My number is 0431315863

Does anyone know where to get a rad support?
Ozeparts only have one in AUS but its in perth
Nissan want $450

How can nissan justify there prices
Its a joke
I called about seatbelts and for the front pair without the stalks they want $580.

Jay

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Wow... I hadn't actually looked very far for one - wreckers are your best bet, though I wouldn't bother looking at datspares.

Nissan can be pretty insane with their pricing, though i'm wondering what actually comes with that $450 to justify that.

Anyhow, we can all discuss it tomorrow :p

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Just updating the meet spot in the carpark. My mate who works at village green said the front car parks fill up quick - so we'll meet at the spot marked below. It's the part of the car park right next to the subaru dealer.

I'll aim to arrive earlier than 10 to make sure i'm actually there on time :p

New Map (IF IT DOESN'T UPDATE - press SHIFT-F5 to force refresh!):

NewMap.jpg

---dens

CMF_MacGillaZ

» CMF Member
With little sleep (was working my skyline till 4am this morning) and no running car atm, I just dropped past the meet point on my scooter to see Dens leading the Pack out :D

Hope everyone has fun today should be a good day, with the wind keeping the tourists away from the twisties ;)

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member
i finished the micra really late and haven't had much sleep... had some oil leak problem few hours before the cruise...

finally called deNs as soon as i finished... him and winston were nice enough to still meet up with us again and have another nice sunday afternoon drive!

we never really had a clean run but towards the end, it was a great blast... looking forward for the next cruise and next time i will be there on time...

nice to meet you dens, winston...

Back