Melbourne Meet 2008

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Didn't realise it's been so long since the last one. We had a few people travel all the way from the western suburbs, so maybe we could try and find a more centralised meeting place this time.

My mate (MacGillaZ) and I have been scoping out a few routes recently and he's come up with a pretty good one, so I might get the details from him, or get him to post them up so can get people's opinions on it.

Either way it'll be good to see everyone's micras once again.

Who's up for it?

---dens

CMF_MacGillaZ

» CMF Member
Ahhh, me thinks that a micra run to test my "Totally Awesome" Mega Cruise would be great :D

At last check the total run is over 120k long, but with lots, and I mean lots of exits to end it shorter and still get lots of twisty driving in there, cause seriously, you don't want to be cruising in a straight line with a micra ;)

I'll sort out a digital version of my masterplan, and see what peeps think ....

I'm up for Co-Piloting Dens or even driving one of your rides :p

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Since we are heading into the darker months it's a bit of a gamble when picking any weekend in the next few months. How does early to mid June sound? Should give people enough time to get off work if they work on weekends and enough time for people to get their cars ready (yeah, including my own.. haha)

We did it on a sunday last time if memory serves - how about 8th of June or 15th of June? Would a saturday suit people better or was sunday the preferred day for a cruise?

For those that missed the last one, here's some pics of last years small meetup:

http://wavlan.com/dens/meet.php

---dens

CMF_MacGillaZ

» CMF Member
Here's a quick little map of the Mega Cruise I had in my head :D

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?i...d=110785225894132125681.00044b4ee785e031edba4

Drawing the lines that made up the drive started to annoy me, so I stopped and left it just as the markers ...

Its a fair bit of driving, but as you can see, there are lots of exits if peeps want/need to leave earlier, and if we're getting bored still find an interesting way home :D

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
In an effort to get as many melbournian micra owners to attend, I've sent some PM's to those who registered interest last time but haven't really been seen or heard from since :)

Come on people, get into it!

Maybe a BBQ might be in order for this one.. thoughts?

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
GAH! I thought I posted a message up here while I was at work earlier. Yeah it's still full steam ahead for this sunday! Here's the map on where we will meet once again!

NewMap.jpg

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Well pretty much ended up being a non-event. Jon had work, flameboy slept in and forgot and mipcar called in the morning mentioning he couldn't make it (thanks :)). It's no big deal, ended up doing the run with mcgillaz anyhow, got lunch in yarra junction an headed back towards lillydale then cut through to mountian highway.

Was thinking that if anyone was interested that maybe next sunday we could do a drive down to eastlink as they're opening it (for free! for now) and drive on some nice smooth roads and see where our tax dollars have been spent ;).

If anyone's interested, just post here.

---dens

smidge

» CMF Member
props for going anyway :)

it's actually pretty hard to get many people together for things like this huh!

i spent all day at a skidpan watching s13's drift and filming a heap of stuff, will post some vids soon

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
mipcar WROTE:

"So sorry I had to let you down at the last moment mate but it was something that just came up and couldn't be helped. Really sorry.

Mychael

That's cool, these things happen. We'll work something out soon either way.

Smidge: Cool, would like to see some of that. Where was it at?

---dens

smidge

» CMF Member
dens: oran park up here southwest of sydney, will post up a link when we're done with the finished...

the outcome of the day is... i'm going to drift school :D

gonna be awesome!

Back