Wheels ( where do i start ? )

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

privatepyleuk

I have a K12 which I own from new.
Had a blowout the other day and investgated tyre prices to find that the K12 standards are 175/60/15. This is not a very " standard " size tyre. I thought that perhaps I would change to alloys 15" and would therefore be able to use a more standard tyre. I do not know where to start and what to look for regarding wheels and compatibility as there are so many available on the market. Would be grateful for any sugestions as to a hot looking wheel and tyre combo at not too high a cost.

Hi Private

Go for 6" & a half or 7" wheels (15").

When ordering wheels you want

Renault's latest clio is the fitting used on the K12 as the K12 is the next Clio underneath.

4 x 100mm pcd (pitch Circle Diameter) 4 bolts in a 100mm circle basically
35 to 40 mm offset (distance of mounting face from centre of wheel)
60.1 mm centre bore hole
(most alloys have a bigger hole nowerdays and use a plastic ring to reduce
it for each vehicle)

Tyres

185/55/15 or 195/50/15 (a bit cheaper for the latter)

You can go up to 7.5" x 18" with 215/35/18 tyre size on the K12 so you are not nailed to 15" wheels. (needs a little body massaging for a fit with no rubbing).

Hope this helps ?.
Regards
Rick

I had 15 inch alloys on mine and they were a daft size too. If dealers put them on as new then they expect you to buy the next tyre which is a totally unstandard size from them. Will let you know what size we had on

Thank you for your help and quick replies.

As I mentioned, I had been trying to source the odd sized tyres required for my K12. As a last resort i thought I would call up the parts people at the dealership I bought my car from. I was hugely suprised to find that they offered tyres from £33.00 (budget) all inclusive of fitting. As such I am going to have their arm off at that price.

If anyone has any recomendations for alloys which fit straight on the K12 or could point me to a relevant site I would be grateful.

Best Regards

Pyle

privatepyleuk said:
I was hugely suprised to find that they offered tyres from £33.00 (budget) all inclusive of fitting.
Pyle

I couldn't find anywhere that would cost less that £65, the dealer was going to charge £75 but I got some dunlop sp sport 300's for £65 (well I only got one as I couldn't afford to put 2 new fronts on, I realy have to go slower round roundabouts as it realy nails the front left tyre)

never buy budget tyres. it puts yourself and other road users at risk. they have little dry grip and wet performance compared to quality brands.

you can get Toyo Proxes CF1 175/60/15 tyres from mytyres.co.uk £37.60 inc delivery. fitting/balancing costs about £7 per wheel at a tyre centre.

Be careful with Dunlop 300 tyres, my K11 1.4 came with them on and they were lethal, no grip at all. Since then, I've had expensive Continental EcoContacts with the silica compound every time and they are SUPERB. A different league entirely :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back