Wheel nuts

M

monkeychild

My missus has just had the wheels we bought off onlyamicra fitted. The trouble is the original wheelnuts off her old alloys don't fit properly :doh: Does anyone know where we can pick some up at a reasonable price or is the dealer the only place?? Cheers

are they too wide to go in the gaps? I had this problem, i went to motor worl n they sold me some wheel nuts - i think i sold em with my wheels cant remember but they were like £2/nut and £3 for the tool so your looking at about £35

Yup the nuts are to wide. Cheers for the responses I will goto motor world tomorrow.

i just drilled out my alloys is it just a baw hair in it or quite a bit? i think they are bout 15.79mm diameter, so i drilled them 16mm for a tight fit. just another option.

:D

yeah but when you do that u end up taking all the paint off the rims with the wheel brace

if you drilled the alloys you would have removed the paint from around the alloys, you would have also created microfractures in the alloy. The surface finish on the alloy would have been mechancialy sound,but by drilling you would have created fractures in the surface that under enough stress could create cracks, but I doubt you'd get enough stress in the wheels to cause that. But ye..paint...didnt you take paint off from around were you drilled it?

yeah and also using standard nuts you have to use a wheel brace and if the gap is that tight you would catch the nut housing of the wheel and obviosuly chip the surrounding paint - i done that on my dare's and thats why i got the slimline ones

Back