Votes: 5 20.8%
  • keep them silver

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • other

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
i will be taking my wheels off until after x-mas (as i need new tyres), my wheels need re-furbing anyway so i figured now is the time to spray/re-furb them while my tyres are off.

Attachments

• SP_A0977.jpg
    SP_A0977.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 259
my mate had black on his 106, in my opinion, whats the point im having nice rims if you can see them :p

you carnt really see the wheels when the car is on the move anyway lol, imo black wheels are the way forward. if i spray them white i will need to clean them almost every day (i live in a small village i.e mud nearly all over the place lol) if i have black the brake dust wont show up alot or the muck etc i dont want the wheels silver again really as i fancy a change. ive seen a sliver 106 gti near me with black team dynamic pro race 1.2 and i think it looks sweet and race stylee.

matte black would be the best option really as the car is not that shiny so they wont stand out oposse to gloss black. either way it will be black iam just carnt deciede what black to have gloss or matte? iam stuck on a decision! lol

what kind of matt black spray bombs would you use to refurbish/ repaint alloys DIY? i've got the k12 micra 'sport' alloys, seems like a relatively soft metal alloy, any tips, advice, or recommendations? should i get them referbished professionally? and if so, any traders in the SE people could recommend?

15's are off and the standard 14's are on!, ive decided not to spray the 15's but sell them insted as i carnt afford to buy new tyres) :(. iam keeping the 14's on for a while until i can afford some pulsar wheels! ;) and then paint the pulsar wheels black!

Back