What's your plans at work for the World Cup?

James

Chairman
...Mine are now all set up and ready, I suggested to the boss I bring in my Freeview tuner and take advantage of a spare PC in the corner:

worldcup1vo.jpg

What's your work doing? They being nice and leniant, or scrooges?

James.

what times are the games on?
they will be on when most of us are at home i think..

i just want to see basil anyway :)

Most of ours are actually 7pm I think, but the boss wanted to be able to watch other games during the day too, so we have this for the BBCi streams etc :)

I'm not complaining, I get to have The Hits and TMF on during the day on quiet ;)

Can anyone beat this though?

On average they'll be 5-8 Plasma and LCD's (alot are HD now) on "SOAK" test (running to see if problems fixed) for about 3-5 hours each, all in full view of everyone no matter where you work, so basically they'll be TV on every minute at work.

Not sure if we will be doing anything. Hope they do let us watch it though as there will be no customers in anyway whilst its on if they have any sense hehe. :p

if im at work whilst the games are on,it will be radio only.we dont have it on loud either,were suposed to concentrate 100% on the job

We will be watching at work. They've just bought 100 X 32" plasmas. 1 for each rest area. (also a freeview box AND dvd player) Not bad eh! :laugh:

if a game is on when im working ill miss it, if a game is on when im not at work ill miss it.. and during missing all foot to ball related experiances ill be sticking my fingers in my ears to save myself from the barage of crap england songs.. also ill be trying to avoid the eurovision and big brother!!

well i work at currys so there you go about 60 + LCD/PLASMA tv's all around...

mostly just normal uniform but when england play we are allowed to wear our engld shirts... plus our manager has gone ott and got all the flags 4X3 in actual groups around the store...

as the games go on the flags come down for the teams out...

tbh all dsg stores have gone England crazy...

mean micra said:
well i work at currys so there you go about 60 + LCD/PLASMA tv's all around...

mostly just normal uniform but when england play we are allowed to wear our engld shirts... plus our manager has gone ott and got all the flags 4X3 in actual groups around the store...

as the games go on the flags come down for the teams out...

tbh all dsg stores have gone England crazy...
My two local Currys play nothing other than football anthems, driving me mad cos they're rubbish ones!

You don't get it in the PC Worlds next door though :p

rj007 said:
Tell me if i'm wrong,but i'm sensing that you don't really like football do you? o_O

no lol i think its crap the game itself is okay but i dont agree with the money thats paid to players the ticket prices for the "fans" who pay for these player to sit around "training" and driving fast cars and going to fancy bars..

also the fact it is surronded with hooligans who drag normal fans into street fights for there amusment...

that and i find it soo boring watching 21 MEN run about in shorts i can see why women like it.. :p

We've got about 4 projectors at work, beaming an image about 2 or more meters wide on to the walls! These will definitly be used during the world cup

Arnold said:
We've got about 4 projectors at work, beaming an image about 2 or more meters wide on to the walls! These will definitly be used during the world cup

my dads just bought one for the bar in spain for 400 euros,,,he says its better than a plasma,,haha ye right

when the world cup is over its on the plain to here and im fitting it in my room

RIK said:
my dads just bought one for the bar in spain for 400 euros,,,he says its better than a plasma,,haha ye right

when the world cup is over its on the plain to here and im fitting it in my room

Obv the size of the image is a huge benefit but for one that cheap, it may not be that bright / clear - depends where it's installed really - but he'l cram more customers in etc. The ones ive got for work cost over a grand each so they're pretty special! Obv plasma does look great too but pricey, and you'd need quite a few of them to do the same job as a projected image

hes rented the unit out next door to the bar over the world cup period for the extra customers..my nan n grandad are there now and they will be going back over to help along with my aunt and uncle for the football..so should be busy

I'll be booking the day's off that the England games land on, Arnold and i already have the last 2 weeks in june booked off!!!!!! :D

We test TVs, so will make a point of holding back the 50 and 60" ones for when there is games on. That will be every game, not just Englands. For the first few weeks, I will stay and watch the first half of the 5 o'clock games and then go home at half time.

Back