England at the World Cup! well are they?!?!?!

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
After watching last nights game, which was one of England's worst games at a finals tournament......

What the hell is going on in the England camp to give a performance that bad, I've always been a realistic England fan and hope that they'll make the quater finals at the Euro's and World Cup, to progress from there you need a little luck on your side and good performance, we are after all ranked 8th in the world.

Where has the team from qualification gone?

We have play in my opinion Joe Cole on the left, get Heskey out of the team and play Gerrard just off Rooney, but even then the whole starting eleven needs to up there game. The team last night had no shape and everyone looked so flat.

I've booked next Wednesday off work to watch the game, I feel sorry for those who have paid all that money to watch them in South Africa.

Surely they can get a win next Wednesday and at least get out of the group stages....can they?

discuss......

Last nights game was apalling.. i do agree with getting heskey out the team he really doesnt suit the other players.

The only effort i saw last night was from barry, and james is the only real good swap capello has done to be honest, i bet they all got a good screaming at half time though! :grinning:

To be honest im starting to really doubt Fabio Capello now, he just seems like a stubborn bugga! No wonder were playing awful, id be pulling my hair out if i wasnt sure wether I was starting a game or not

He needs to stop faffing around, get Heskey off, put |Cole and Defoe on there and ooh Walcott.. ha bet hes regretting taking wright-philips instead now eh, what a bunch of crap :(

It was an utterly dire performance last night, the players should be embarrased. That was supposed to be our easiest game of the lot last night. If we can't get a goal against Algeria how the hell are we going to get one against Slovenia, Germany/Ghana/Serbia etc?!

We need a MASSIVE shake-up before Wednesday if we're expected to actually progress now!

hesky was poor, rooney cant get into games, lampard yet again was just pants, carragher is reckless its just like watching paint dry but were not the only ones struggling, look at the french and the italians or even spain?

id have to agree 1.3gx, i think they went into this competition very unprepared and thinking it was going to be a walk over and i think they'll come unstuck unfortunatly in the next round if they make it past the group stages. Id love them to prove me wrong but i doubt they will:(

Once the game starts you have to think it's up to the players to peform, but the way we are setup just isn't working......

Capello has to take a lot of responsibility for picking a 4-4-2 formation with 3 central midfielders, playing one of our best players in Gerrard way out of position on the left and playing a forward in Heskey who simply doesn't score, has a poor touch and so far hasn't really linked up with Rooney that well at all. Gerrard and Rooney up front is the key and bring in Joe Cole who will be able to do much more on the left and has played there many times before.

Also Joe Cole is playing for his footballing future, no club, no manager and really does perform in a England shirt, he has to play on the left in the next game. He knows if he puts in good performances in the World Cup, he'll have clubs lining up to sign him.

We don't really need to change that much to make it soo much better, but now the Media is attacking the team, they will be feeling the pressure even more so now, Capello must change the team and formation if we are to get out of the group stages.

fingers crossed for changes to the team and a win next Wednesday (Y) Please Mr. Capello listen to some of the media, what people are saying really does make sense!

Back