Whats the law regarding rear wipers?

B

Ben

As you might know, Waynes smoothing a boot out for me but unsure weather or not its ok to take the rear wiper off? e.g. will it pass its MOT with it off and totally removed?

If it has one it has to work.
if it dont have one then it dont have to :D

regarding MOT yeah!!

please ne one feel free to back this up or correct me :D

i dont have a rear wiper. its a pain in the arse actually.
but i passed my MOT like that so im assuming its legal!

But ain't it a hassle without in the rain, been raining alot here and use the motorway a bit so seing out the rear helps (and yes I do use the side mirrors)

ah its going, everyone else seems to manage so it will be ok. Bollock it, it must be legal so going for it, windws tinted so water will run off ha ha

yea its a complete pain but survivable bigger pain is when the fuse for the rear heating blows and you cba to change it

sometimes i wished i did
but i prefer the sschmoothness right throufgh

funn actualy as me and dan we talking about this the other day when he poppd by.

he said yeah it can be useful but i aint bothered with it. think he wanted it toal schmooth aswell..lol :blush:

comes to personal preference. u want the schmooth schweet looks. or to be able to see out rear in the rain (once every whatever)

either way is possible to do

either way easier for me if it on. just uglier in my eyes :p

ah well, mine will be coming off n i think i am near sorting the lightingoff the reg plate so its all systems go for me and Wayne, everything should be going on early March, possibly 2 day project but we is going to take some before and after shots for everyone to see the work

As said above you can remove them, and if it ever was questioned which i doubt it would be, you could just say someone snapped the whole arm off.

Im quite glad my k10's got one! i keep seeing all the old school fiestas driving around where they've not fitted one, and instead have just put a black rubber bung over the hole! looks so cheap they cba to fit a simple extra like that

i'm glad i've got one too. it doubles as a wave for those times you want to wave at the person behind

i dont have rear wiper on my k11. i like it becasue it saves weight. when its raining is not when its a problem as that cleans it a bit. its when its dry and dusty is when you need a rear wiper as the rear window starts going brown, i cant just press the lever and get foamy spray and a wipe to clean it off.

Back