what's happening??

phil.marsh

Buy & Sell Member
Just put a NEW K&N panel filter in to my almera airbox and now when I start the car it doesn't idle it just stalls but after revving a little bit it's fine?
Any ideas?

put the old filter back in and if it runs fine its the K&N thats the problem...which wouldnt surprise me cause there rubbish lol

I've tried that. Mates a mechanic. He adjusted the auto choke. Worked a treat. Got home parked on a curb (one side up on curb) tried starting and it cuts out. Start it rev it a bit then it idles but stutters

56990a49-5d3b-d256.jpg

It hasn't changed from that

All I did was unclip the airbox and drop the new filter in. It's really bugging me lol I will check in the morning to see if there are any spit pipes.

Possibly alternator seizing?

If it was vaccume pipe I would expect a searching or high idle that didn't get better after a little while like you say yours does. I would try putting the old air filter back on, but is be surprised if that was the problem tbh.

No extra but there was quite a bit on the filter already.
How would I clean the MAF?
And it kind of starts as If the throttle cable wasn't adjusted correctly.

Halfords sell it I think,

Take off the airbox, and spray some carb cleaner from like 30 cms away, refit airbox, bosh. done.

Noooo. Engine off and leave it like 15-20 mins to dry before starting car

Dont spray too much either.

Good news guys!
I drove to halfords (7 miles ish and it seemed to sort it out. But I brought some carb cleaner as well. Followed the instructions and now it runs sweet :)

Back