What wheels fit??

Has anyone fitted wheels from another make of car other than nissan, I see renault volkswagan and vauxhall all share the same stud pattern as the micra.

somebody put renault 5 turbo wheels on a micra,

but its more just branded that people use,

i've got some cheap nissan alloys for sale :p

Has anyone fitted wheels from another make of car other than nissan, I see renault volkswagan and vauxhall all share the same stud pattern as the micra.
plus many many more! 4x100 is sometimes refered to as the best because it is so widespread, but that just seems to lead to more demand for tasty 4x100 wheels, making them more expensive.

4x100, good to go you would think, but you have to watch the centre bore, Volkswagen and Vauxhall are definately too small and would require machining or filing to fit, or be fitted with spaces that push the wheel out past the spigot.

Having said that, IIRC, VW Scala - snowfalke - or whatever it is they are called) have such a wide taper on the center that they also fit straight on. Renault wheels seem to have a larger center bore, and I believe BMW four stud also do.

Some one will hopefully correct me but I think micra spigot diamerter is 59.1mm, wheels with a larger center bore will go straight on, smaller and you will have to think through the problem some more. Most aftermarket wheels have a very large centre bore so that they can be fitted with a spigot ring talored to the vehicle they will be fitted to.

Some one will hopefully correct me but I think micra spigot diamerter is 59.1mm, wheels with a larger center bore will go straight on, smaller and you will have to think through the problem some more. Most aftermarket wheels have a very large centre bore so that they can be fitted with a spigot ring talored to the vehicle they will be fitted to.

your right Mark, the centre bore on the K11 is 59.1mm and 60.1mm on the K12. As I found out when I tried to put my K11 wheels on my K12 (when I had one). Fail.

Bias is running E30 14" BBS alloys on his CG13 K10. They look the business.
There is also a very nice looking was white now yellow K11 in Aus that is rolling on 13" Mahle BBS Alloys from an E21 3 series. I think he had some center bore issues though.

Probably not what you want, but I wanted steel wheels on a 'T' reg car(it's only a drive-to-work car at the moment and I bought them going into Winter) and the standard ones were too weak for the potholes here.

I chose VW steel wheels from a Passat Mk III and ground out the centres using a die grinder. It took an hour or two, but they are stronger and a bit wider, so they easily take the 185-60/14s I had left over from another car. The car has plenty of grip now, but it feels very 'standard' so I guess I got the offset right :)

Back