What type T-Cut to use on my car?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Lads, could someone advise me what type T-cut to use on my car? Some @@@@hole/s scratched with a key nearly all driver's side bout six months a go and ever since I hate seen it every morning...
Here is the paint:

p1090204.jpg

It's silver with a greenish shade (I believe it's best to describe).

Hopefully T-cut would give me a little piece till I got the side resprayed...

Thanks

Is the scratch through to the metal?
What would be best is to get a rubbing compound, halfords do their own but there is plenty out there, then use t-cut you don't need a specific colour one, but you can get silver i think as it leaves a residue in the scratch to make it appear fixed.
so normal t-cut scratch remover should do then a good polish/wax should make it at least shiny and bearable.
Video: Clicky! bearing in mind the 'scratch' on his car is not through the paint like yours so don't expect miracles you will only make it bearable without paint.

Good Luck!

if you run you're thumb nail up and down the 'scratch' and if it catches then its a re-spray it needs.... im no expert but my hubster is (see web link ;) ) shame your not in scotland :laugh:

Thanks for the advice, lads!

I'll give it a go and will post results once it's done. Not expecting miracles though, just a bit better look. Had been given a quote for a respray, but not ready for it yet...

Thanks again!

Rule of thumb, if you can catch your nail in it, it WILL require paint. Wax stick won't work on scratches that deep.

Infact they are pretty useless, same as colour waxes often used by people prior to selling, first time you wash it it's all back off again. No company makes wax sticks to exact paint colour, if you want that then buy the paint.

To me that requires a re spray, you could try filling it in with the colour paint stick from the dealer, build it up, sand it back till level using 2000 grit W/D then machine polish it back up.

Lachlan

Rule of thumb, if you can catch your nail in it, it WILL require paint. Wax stick won't work on scratches that deep.
Infact they are pretty useless, same as colour waxes often used by people prior to selling, first time you wash it it's all back off again. No company makes wax sticks to exact paint colour, if you want that then buy the paint.
To me that requires a re spray, you could try filling it in with the colour paint stick from the dealer, build it up, sand it back till level using 2000 grit W/D then machine polish it back up.
Lachlan

Rule of thumb says the scratches are too deep. I've checked some websites about scratch removal and touch paint... Not excited. Will have to repaint. No point spending 1/3 of the re-spray money for temporary fix :glare:

Guys, scratches have to be re-sprayed :down:

Thanks for you help!

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back