What to look for?

Hi guys and girls,

I'm looking to buy a K11 and was wondering what I would need to look for (rust spots, easy wear bits) and what is a common price to pay for a decent one?

Thanks Kieran

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would you say is a good price to pay? Never bought a car before so don't want to overpay/ underpay?

too cheap could mean loadsa hidden issues to spend time/money fixing and they're trying to sell it fast, or the seller doesn't value the car.
too £££ and the seller is ambitious in ripping u off.

ppl say u get what u pay for, and arming urself with more knowledge bout what to look for is an essential investment to reduce the risks of being ripped off but yea there's a certain average market value.

purely imo of what I'd pay,
a low spec 1.3 pre-face is bout £100-400
a high spec 1.3 pre-face like superS or SLX is bout £400-600
a high spec facelift 1.3 runs £600+

very low milage & showroom condition obviously ramps up cost alot into £1k+ but be wary of cars that's been standing around long time out in the elements cos all cars with ferrous metals corrode inside & out (unless it's been stored in a hermetically sealed container :p )
a stale non-serviced car could just be as problematic (rusted or seized internals, brakes, cooling system etc) as a high mileage but well serviced car.

Hi guys and girls,

I'm looking to buy a K11 and was wondering what I would need to look for (rust spots, easy wear bits) and what is a common price to pay for a decent one?

Thanks Kieran

I only bought mine last week and found they were ranging around £400-600 for facelift 1.0. some i went to see were shocking for rust. make sure you check sills, arches and front Crossmember as they rot like hell on k11's. Took me a while to find a clean one and I'm from north east England not far from the factory that built them. just take your time and check carefully.

Last edited:
Should I look for something that's just past its M.o.T?
Gonna take a light with me when I go look at it so I can have a look under neath

Should I look for something that's just past its M.o.T?
Gonna take a light with me when I go look at it so I can have a look under neath

I would defo not buy a micra k11 without at least 6 months MOT test on it. but be aware when buying as some have dodgy MOTs especially ones from dealers.

Back