What to expect for a respray

hissyfizzy

Ex. Club Member
What can I expect to pay for a complete respray on my K10 ? I don't want anything fancy, ie that colour changing paint although it does look nice, just a standard metalic colour.

I'd say £500-600 for a cheapo job.

Be looking at over £1000 for a professional job though!

Kristian may be someone to speak too. I believe he'll do a good job for around the £600-700 mark.

The spraying itself is not the time consuming bit. The prep work is the time consuming bit, removing lights, covering lights, covering glass.

If you can get it for that cheap expect something rubbish!!!

Paintbrush, tin of smoothrite, £10 tops.

Or maybe a paint roller and a tin of Dulux paint?

That would look nice ? not!!! as would the Dulux. Might have to get the gas axe out *girls favorite tool* cut each panel off take them to the shop individually then the car would look real nice.

Seriously if it's between 600- 1000 then the paint may wait a touch although I love some of the blog micras

How about just get different body panels from different coloured cars.

Do a multi coloured "VW polo effect" K10

644p2.jpg

Well if you're unsure if your car will pass an MOT, maybe you should put money into getting the car good, before making it look good!

That's what I'm going to do. That VW you posted there was one running around Norwich a few years ago the owner ran a shop here.

Over the weekend it's being checked over for it's MoT I know rear brakes are rubbish as the handbrake doesn't work at all it goes on but the car will still move so they're going to be replaced.

Does an MoT take in account of the plate lights? I've only ever had new cars so never needed an MoT

Yes, your rear number plate must have a white light pointing at it.

But the bulb itself must NOT be visible from the rear of the vehicle

door trims and engine bay cost additional!

if your just wanting a touchup (same colour just refreshed etc) then this can be cheaper!

if your changing colour then depending on colour may require priming etc which adds to cost!

if your requiring bumps filling, list goes on!

price can range from £400 - £1000 depending on body work!

Keve, If you don't mind me asking how much was that checkered flag affect you had across your bonnet on the corolla? PM if you don't want to say publicly, I'm just curious. lol

hissyfizzy said:
Wow that much? the car isn't worth that much. I was expecting 300-500 ish.
lol! the paint alone can cost that much!!

The flag effect on the bonnet was obviously done at a "very good" price for me, however your probably looking £200-£250.

It was over the bonnet and onto the wing.

Attachments

• bonnet3.jpg
    bonnet3.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 272
Thats a very good price for that kind of work. It's a shame about that car, It was truly gorgeous!!!

I'm in two minds about what to do with the micra, do something random, or flog it! lol

Well if you want "any" type of airbrushing done at a good price and to a high standard, Steve is your man,

Kev

for your handbrake not working, it just needs adjusting.

Wheel off
drum off
turn the little adjuster wheel untill its hard to put the drum on and spin it
then back it off little by little untill it stops binding (shoes catching on drum when handbrake is off)

This all needs to be done with the handbrake off.

Ryan.

Back