Respray!!!

D

Djdr1veB1

YIPEE

Finally found some where willing to spray my car!!!

Anyone know if it's a good price???

I'm getting my K10 in Suburu Blue inc. my bumpers and sideskirts for £500, this was half what most other places where charging! only thing is i have to sand my car and fill it, (not really sure what that means!!!) he said would do it but would mean it'd be over two weeks as opposed to just one sunday!!!

Any other K10's That colour???

My Baby is gonna be so sexy!!!

Dave

basically you gotta prep your car or the primer which is why its so cheap, it would be a good price if you knew what you were doing, you got smooth it all out and any dents, inconsitincies sorted because if its not when the paint is applied they will show up and it would be all down to you if you know what i mean

Sounds too cheap tbh, I would be wary of poor workmanship for a price that cheap.

Apprecia\te the caution peeps!

TBH It's a mate of a mate, luckily he is getting his done the week before and has had one done before apparently the guy is doing it in the workshop he works at and does it on sundays to make a little extra cash!!!

When i spoke to the guy he seemed to love doing the work and said he could strip the car at no extra charge but said it would prob mean havin my baby in primer for a week!!! As it happens me and my mate are gonna do his then mine so should be quite good at it by the time it comes to doing mine!!!!!

He is even gonna blend the body kit bits in so it looks like it's part of the car!!! my Baby's starting to look the part inside and out next job will be the mechanic side of it!!!

Engine, filters, exhaust alarm n central locking etc!!!

Cheers peeps!!!

I would say that that sounds like a fairly reasonable price if he wants you to prep it. Should look good in that colour I reckon. :)

tbh.
price is reasonable for up north.
BUT.
him doing it all in one day, i cant really see this happeneing.
plus i wouldnt recomend taking the car before it has dried fully. as even tree sap can ruin the paint work if it isnt dry fully. plus him not leaving it good time to dry out before cutting it o_O
doubtfull imo.
if you dont know what your doing with filler etc. then it can be quite messy.

is he sealing it once the prep is done. as the paint will sink into the catty work if it is not set properly. meaning you would see a colour diferential around were the catty work was.

sounds a bit iffy tbh, but if it is a mates mate then hopefully can be trusted and will sort ne thing if it ges wrong and not charge you extra

Got an even better offer off another mate, two crates of fosters and a couple of hundred quid! He said he will get some mates to come and do it over a weekend and is even giving me a hand fitting a working bonnet vent and the rest of the bodykit!!!

SWEET

will be very interesting to see the results of there work! make sure they drink the fosters after they've sprayed the car :p

MicraK10 said:
I want mine in black, but its a lot of money for a micra, and also it wount increase the value...

But sometimes you have to throw the the car's value out the window and go on satisfaction. You'l feel happier etc if the car was black, so go for it anyway! I've spent a shedload recently on my red k10, and now its likely to end up getting broken or sold in 5 weeks anyway.. i've 'wasted' alot of money on that car, but ive enjoyed doing it and pleased with how the car's turned out.

hey arnold that's a good lookin micra too good for breaking, if you ever did i'd so won't you rear spoiler!!!

Back