what make's a micra a kit car

Dont understand what you're asking

The micra is a production car not a kit car
It can be used as a donor for a kit car bur that's all

Dont understand what you're asking

The micra is a production car not a kit car
It can be used as a donor for a kit car bur that's all
Would it be a reference to the widebody rally micras, iirc they are 'kit cars'?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Would it be a reference to the widebody rally micras, iirc they are 'kit cars'?

Fair point that Ade :)
The use of "kit car" is different in this example then. Not a car in a box like I was thinking

That's just my take on it Andy, it may be me that's barking up the wrong tree! :p

No you're absolutely spot on
Rally race have different parts to oe cars... so they all form a "kit" making the car a kit car
The only really share the chassis :p

The point that I was getting to was, To me a micra kit car is the Holy Grail of micra

You can buy a micra kit car gear kit from hockley motorsport with enough money you might get up to the 150bhp.

But when does your car become a kit car. I've got less and less of the original car left.

Is Higgin's car that was up for sale a kit car and there was an nismo micra on eBay up for sale for 5k would thay be classed as kit cars.

Dotty was a maxi, so I'd call it a kit car spec as they were called back then. There is one more original NME K11 car other than P5 NME in Greece with a Hewland HP2000 box.

I'd have thought the wide arch cars with individual throttles and such would fit into the kit car category and anything standard track with steel panels would just be classed as clubman spec but I don't know much about the terms.

I thought the kit car term stemmed from the makers having to make a limited production run to homologate a car and the parts were offered as kits of parts or something....

According to the Wikipedia description... they're called "re-body"... the chassis is what is homologated by the fia... so that has to retain. Kit cars arent homologated by the fia for obvious reasons.. so theoretically kit cars cant be rally cars... but what people call em is totally different... like rocker covers and fan belts :p
Re body sounds too much like re shelling after an accident

Moss Malvern is a Kit car, the ones I've seen are Triumph Herald or Vitesse chassis and running gear with new body panels...

I think that the definition of a kit car is very broad, we are all correct.
A kit car is a car built from a kit.
Wether that is a kit of parts to bolt on to an already existing car to change its specs or it's a kit to scratch build a car in the caterham sense, it's all the same principle.

Absolutely :)
Like I said despite what something is actually called... we name it differently :p

I know someone who calls everything by its proper name... he's a special character

Unfortunately not... but seriously you have to spend a with him... I've never known anyone irritate me so much acting intelligent

You're going to LOVE JAE with me ;)
Difference being you have at least an ounce of intelligence
Imagine he told you to cut plywood wity a blunt metal type blade... (not a wood type).. you mention this fact... and get told to get on with it... after struggling for 5 mins... he asks what's up.. you say its the blade.. and he says "well that's a metal blade and its blunt, it wont cut like that"...
Well duhhh..I said this.. but of course he is never in the wrong

Back to the point and question was more about the nme car's so the tub is original are doors bonnet wings all carbon fiber.
Are there any other suppliers of carbon panels than Matt Humphreys.

Yea sorry for taking it off topic
They'll be carbon or grp. And Matt Humphreys is pretty much the only place that bothers making carbon parts

Moss Malvern is a Kit car, the ones I've seen are Triumph Herald or Vitesse chassis and running gear with new body panels...
Now there's a memory from my youth - the Triumph vitesse, always wanted one ; never got one:( and in the world of coincidence, saw one today, blue and white / open top. Pretty, pretty motor car, I actually thought about stopping the fella to see if he would sell it.

Now there's a memory from my youth - the Triumph vitesse, always wanted one ; never got one:( and in the world of coincidence, saw one today, blue and white / open top. Pretty, pretty motor car, I actually thought about stopping the fella to see if he would sell it.
I drove the mk1 1600 vitesse Sir Stirling Moss borrows to be his runaround at the Goodwood Revival :) Like a sewing machine even idling in gear :)

Yup, gorgeous car, had £20k spent restoring it profesionally in the late 80's I think then meticulously maintained and cared for since. The 1600, 2000 and 2500 are all 6 pots (except the 4 pot 2000 found in tr2,3,4 and later 7 4 pot)

Yup, gorgeous car, had £20k spent restoring it profesionally in the late 80's I think then meticulously maintained and cared for since. The 1600, 2000 and 2500 are all 6 pots (except the 4 pot 2000 found in tr2,3,4 and later 7 4 pot)
The car I saw today was a 2.5 imo, pulled away quick, and sounded meaty, didn't have a rear axle whine like a lot I've seen/heard. Took me back some 40 odd years.

The car I saw today was a 2.5 imo, pulled away quick, and sounded meaty, didn't have a rear axle whine like a lot I've seen/heard. Took me back some 40 odd years.
Even the 2l is pretty spritely, no cats and minimal silencing and all. 2.5 is a common swap though, only requires a bit of modification to the sump to clear no1 crank...

HA. No. Be even more of a ballache than nissanbaru... be best off getting a vitesse rolling chassis, chopping and welding it to length and dumping a K10 body on top...

You try fitting transverse leaf rear suspension to a car that's supposed to have coilovers... plus its a longitudinal engine not transverse, the engine would be inside the cabin even without a radiator. It's a looooong engine... is why the GT6 has such a massive tasty tasty bonnet bulge...

Oh and there's no gear linkage, the gearstick is attached straight to the gb so you'd have to position the driver where the rear seats are, that means moving pedals, steering... Now THAT would be a kit car ;)

And? :p your attempts to put me off are futile
I see a new project forming.
The subaru gearbox is the same and its positioned to suit :D
The engin seems no longer than the BMW engine I was gonna put in :D
Leaf springs.... noo it'll be on coilovers and disc brakes too. Only want the engine in... not all that faff

Now this is what makes a micra a kit car ;)

Back