1.5 dci

Right.... I'm sick of my 1.2 micra as its not really good on petrol and I feel as if its underpowered. The tax is quite alot at £140 in my opinion plus being a new driver it's quite slow so and it's hard to bloody keep upwith my mates corsa. And being violated is something I'm starting to hate ... What's the 1.5 dci like and are they reliable and what's the best tune for them and let me know everything about them such as reliability problems or how to keep them running good ect....

Sick of? Violated? They are rather extreme definitions for such an unimportant, trivial and no apologies for saying pathetic matter as that to keep up with your mates Corsa. Do you want to know what the performance of 1.5 diesel is like compared to the 1.2 or your mates Corsa? There are so many variables. All the facts, figures and statistics and opinions you need are freely available on the interweb.

The 1.5 engine fitted to the K12 Micra ranges in power and performance, The engine still powers a lot of Renault/Dacia and Nissan cars even today, the none turbo is a good workhorse as there is no turbo fitted so will tolerate neglect to some extent, the turbo model are good but regular servicing and decent fuel is a good start, they can also be chip tuned to upto 121 BHP plus extra BHP using cetane boost, the torque levels are also higher than petrol models, again as you put more power through the engine you will also need decent suspension and brakes to match as one goes hand in hand with the other, LOW mileage models are the ones to go for. on high mileage models you will end up spending more time under the bonnet or paying exorbitant repairs at a garage rather than enjoying your time behind the wheel.?‍☠️

Back