What do u rekon to a 1.6 engine conversion?

bens851

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys, just want your opinion on a 1.6 engine conversion.

what is the best engine?
what else do u have to change?
any other stuff you need to do.

cheers for any advice given :):wasntme:

get an almera or primera 1.6 then you have the loom and all the parts then i think you have to shorten the drive shafts and make some engine mounts then your on your way

th primera ga16 has a few more bhp than the sunny/almera ga16 ;)
a quick search will reveal some answers
and check out TONEY's blog.

basically you will need

ga16 engine/gbox
custom driveshafts( usually the passenger side one only needs shortened)
custom gear linkages
custom subframe
non nats ecu
uprated suspension
some decent brakes ie pulsar brakes
and some decent wheels with half decent tyres
custome made exhaust downpipe and possibly rest of exhaust system
oh and you will have to sort out the engine mounts, without causing a massive argument im going with the solid drivers side engine mount and modified passenger side mount option

then once all that is done you can look into engine tuning, and sorting the engine loom, as far as im aware stick with the 1.0 litre loom and splice the 1.6 loom into it!

im in the process of collecting all the parts, i have 90% of what i need and ive spent in the region of between £500 and £700, which is very good, and once i have evrything i can fit it all myself as im a mechanic

hope this helps dude

thanks guys, lots of advice and help.
i am thinking of doing it with my current car but i thin im gonna save it for a futer project.
should be very fun though!

I'd agree with zanes, especially at 19, and if budget is going to pose any sort of problem.. Can't really skimp with engine conversions.

if it helps with conversion at all the k10 driveshafts are shorter but have the same splines.
same thickness as the cg10 and not confirmed whether they will work.

Back