What do mechanic use to clean their hands?

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
Ive use detergent, soap etc.. but cant fully get a clean hands after working with cars. Still oil and grease. So what do mechanic use. Ive seen one that has some kind of course thing in it and its like a paste. Any idea on that it is?

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
wear some rubber gloves that are used on the wards , brill then just strip thme off when you are finished ... and keep a set in the car for changing the spare

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Mimz WROTE:

"Hey den can u fix my account i cant upgrade my email

Sorry mate, only Admins can do that! You need to put your password into the 'Password' and 'Verify Password' fields for an email change to work from memory, though. Actually I think that goes for any changes you make to the 'My Details' page. Good luck ;)

---dens

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"Mimz WROTE:

"Hey den can u fix my account i cant upgrade my email"</div>

Sorry mate, only Admins can do that! You need to put your password into the 'Password' and 'Verify Password' fields for an email change to work from memory, though. Actually I think that goes for any changes you make to the 'My Details' page. Good luck ;)

---dens

Sorry guys, I cannot either. We really need some code writers to give this site a good grease and oil change.

For cleaning hands, gloves first choice but I've found hair shampoo works pretty good and does not dry your hands out so much.

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
There is some really good products out there, though most only get sold directly to shops, I have some Zip or something simular that comes in a big ass tub, works better than anything, does not dry out hands, costs a bit buy goes a long way.

CMF_muzza

» CMF Member
There is a company called omikron they do the best hand cleaners from grit hand cleaners to non grit hand clears they also have a cream called barrier cream which mechanics use in the morning before working on stuff so at the end of the day they use the hand cleaner and stuff comes off with out having to scrubb for ages a quick rub and rinse and done it's awesome

CMF_Jaco

» CMF Member
Used coffee grind with dish washing detergent. Power full mix of scrub and clean. Or use clean sand instead of old coffee. coffee works better.

Initially it looks like a catastrophe but then it all comes clean after a good rinse.

Problem Down Under is the preference for instant coffee. Not a good idea. If you don't have any old coffee make friends with that barista girl from the cafe on the corner. She will have heard a few good pick ups so tell her this is not for a truck but for a Micra.

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"This kind of stuff:<BR><BR><A title=http://tinyurl.com/3o7ldpw href="http://tinyurl.com/3o7ldpw" target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/3o7ldpw</A><BR><BR>Solvol, Orange Scrub.. all that kinda stuff is easily found at Bursons, R&amp;E's and the like and is infinitely better than using soap.<BR><BR>When you say detergent, do you mean dishwashing detergent? Using canned degreaser is more effective than that!<BR><BR>---dens

Ok try that...anything else better? It work but i have to wash like twice to get it out completely.

Back