what do i need

looks like its a bolt on job then just get an ecu remap and that should be you but dont qoute me on this

Ed or Pete will be able to comment, IIRC Pete mentioned something about the MAF being used for some kind of ignition timing scale but before I put my foot in my mouth lol, I'll let either of them comment.

I only know of 1 person who had carbs on a 1275cc K11 done by Bogg Brothers and that was quite a high spec car, so the jetting may need some tweeking to get them fuelling right but it's not a massive job.

its allready setup for the 1275cc micra k11 engine....

as regards the ecu, how is it going to know about fueling if theres no injectors or throttle body?

ED I NEED YOUR HELP

and these are on a bogg brothers inlet manifold...

mines gonna have modified head, with rally cams, (ported, gas flowed etc etc) full janspeed manifold and straight through system (gonna keep a catalyst in there though) and i might treat it to a new timing chain kit too...

I'd surf around on Google and familiarise yourself with what is involved in getting a setup like that running.

Also you wont want a cat on there with carbs.

There's also MOT time, when it'll all have to be changed back to get through emissions.

yeah true. it would be worth it though...lol

asked the guy whos selling them and he said, " uncupple the ecu wire that goes to the throttle body, and bobs your uncle, just bolt them on, allready jetted and ready to go,,"

wich i think is a little dubious..

as they are carbs and not throttle boddies, you shouldn't need anything else, the ecu will be made redundant! but if you are changing the exhaust, cams etc it'll probably need re-jetting as it'll be set up for the engine it came off.

Back