WET rear footwells k11 micra 3 door

Hi all
Really worried my first car has sopping wet rear footwells and the seats are also damp/wet.
it has NO sunroof and the roof lining is dry. The boot seal is also fine and water is also collecting in the boot where the spare tyre lives. If anyone has any advice or Inclination let me know as I’ve just got it and worried I might have to get rid of her.

I’ve attached photos of any wetness and seals. The car has no rust holes or anything and is clean underneath.

any help would do!!

Attachments

• 4D38E187-2FEA-4545-B40B-179E6C1EA6A2.jpeg
    4D38E187-2FEA-4545-B40B-179E6C1EA6A2.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 74
  • F87231F4-772F-4318-B81D-DE1DD7FC410E.jpeg
    F87231F4-772F-4318-B81D-DE1DD7FC410E.jpeg
    1,001.2 KB · Views: 78
Hello Tamjid
Check the seals on the rear lights water can leak through these.
The rear screen washer pipe may have a split in it.
Try removing all trim in the boot, wheel arch liners, parcel shelf etc and use a hose pipe to try and find where water is coming in.
You only need the tiniest hole for water to go through.

Hello Tamjid
Check the seals on the rear lights water can leak through these.
The rear screen washer pipe may have a split in it.
Try removing all trim in the boot, wheel arch liners, parcel shelf etc and use a hose pipe to try and find where water is coming in.
You only need the tiniest hole for water to go through.
Hi alex, I tried That yesterday and I’ve figured out where it’s coming in from. It’s actually the inner rubber seal that the boot sits on. It’s essentially super loose as the rubber has shrank over the 20 years and needs either resealing with a tighter fit or just a new seal applied.

Back