Welder selection help

Shouldn't change to monoxide from dioxide, MIG is metal INERT gas welding after all :)
The gas is Inert in so much as it wont react with the metal, what will happen is the gas decomposes whilst welding to leave carbon monoxide
Some info here in the chart at the base of the page
http://www.elcosh.org/document/1003...t%3A+Welding+Fumes+and+Gases.html?show_text=1
I was struggling to find much info on the net but I seem to remember it from a safety course years ago, the main point is what ever you are welding it will give off some potentially bad fumes so make sure its well ventilated and you have a fire extinguisher to hand

Shouldn't change to monoxide from dioxide, MIG is metal INERT gas welding after all :)
Look at this chart near the bottom of the page.
http://www.elcosh.org/document/1003...t%3A+Welding+Fumes+and+Gases.html?show_text=1
Whilst the gas is inert as in it wont damage the metal, it will react or decompose when heated by the welding process
The main thing we must all be aware f is try not top breath welding fumes in as they are proven not to be good for you.
Oh and have an extinguisher at hand!

Look at this chart near the bottom of the page.
Whilst the gas is inert as in it wont damage the metal, it will react or decompose when heated by the welding process
The main thing we must all be aware f is try not top breath welding fumes in as they are proven not to be good for you.
Oh and have an extinguisher at hand!
Fair play, I probably should have been taught that! I use either plain argon or argon/CO2, and argon needs ventilation anyway.
Worth mentioning the NEVER WELD GALVANISED rule. Galvo flu is horrible. 4 days of misery.

Hi guys, I am thinking to get a good used welder so please can anyone help me with this welder. It's in my arsea so what do I need to know about this welder? Cheers guy

new metal sticking info wanted daily
,,,,,,,:)

Fair play, I probably should have been taught that! I use either plain argon or argon/CO2, and argon needs ventilation anyway.
Worth mentioning the NEVER WELD GALVANISED rule. Galvo flu is horrible. 4 days of misery.
I think the point we are both making is for people to be safe so
Good head screen ( remember things can reflect from behind you}.
All skin should be covered
Well ventilated
Remove all flammables
Can you escape of it catches fire!
Its simple stuff we may take for granted but for a beginner just starting out they need to be aware and cautious.
Practice makes perfect.
I am sure You tube etc will have some instruction videos

Hi guys, I am thinking to get a good used welder so please can anyone help me with this welder. It's in my arsea so what do I need to know about this welder? Cheers guy

new metal sticking info wanted daily
,,,,,,,:)
Show us a link and we will report back
One thing I would say is get the seller to show you it working

So did you get one?

Of course followed your abvice then had a tea.

20130928_164939.jpg

20130928_164926.jpg

Looks ok but its just a cheap unbranded one they buy in china and stick a brand on when it arrives in the UK.
Personally I would go for a Clarke, cebora ( also sold as Snap on) or one of the other well known brands as you are certain to be able to get parts for it and it will have a resale value when you have finished with it
Just had a good look around on Ebay and it looks like a new one is going to cost near £200.
Have you tried a local welding consumables place as often they have rental machines, might work out cheaper for you?
Back to your link if you get it for £100 I feel its ok

I have a soft spot for Murex welders...
Top quality sold by BOC if I remember correctly?
Oxford are good too.
You cant tell by looking but the higher end welders have copper coils and are just so much nicer to use and give the best results, but the Chinese cheapys are good vale and fine for cars etc

Finally, I got a good offer from eBay.

It's clarke 100e mig welder but he title is 'clarke 100e mk2'. I don't get it on this word " mk2".

Can anyone tell me what is it?

Is it good to get it for welding patches, replace new front panel and turbo parts.

Thanks
Jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Mk2 is mark 2 or version 2 if you like :)
It is not latest clarke 100e model right? It's previous model. I don't mind so it's £150 posted from York to Surrey. Is it reasonable price?
The problem is that he can't send gas bottles over the post . Everything is prefect.

It is not latest clarke 100e model right? It's previous model. I don't mind so it's £150 posted from York to Surrey. Is it reasonable price?
The problem is that he can't send gas bottles over the post . Everything is prefect.

Sounds reasonable to me :)

Thanks Andy. :) I need to ask you some quick and noob questions.

What gas shall I use for these patches and front panel? I heard argon gas is very good right?

And last thing is about steel sheet. Someone told me that galvanised steels are good for these patches right?

Thanks
Jk

Feel free to fire away :)
I personally use CO2 on patches like that.
Argon is good but I only use argon when it's in a mix with CO2

Avoid galvanised steel. You can get something called "galvo flu" not nice at all.
I'd use 0.6/0.8mm mild steel sheet and rust protect it :)

Thanks Andy. :) I need to sort out with this seller tomorrow.

Mild steel sheet should be ok so I found some on eBay. Do you know where can I get a good price from a good company?

Thanks
Jk

Prices of metal always change so I'd suggest shopping around. They all have to meet certain regulations so you'll get the correct quality

Hi guys, i am back to this thread again so i need a help please.

I almost bought this clarke pro 90 mig welder. i missed the chance so it was happen about 6th times.:rolleyes: Now, i found another one today which is clarke mig 105en gas welder. is this welder good for replace new complete front panel and one / two patch on the driver side.

Back