Weirdness of discharging battery

Battery shorts out over 24 hours - 1 amp leakage current(!) traced to courtesy lamp - but this also powers the immobiliser (red LED on dash). Took out fuse - leakage drain is now 0.1A, but drops to almost 0 after 10 sec. Traced this to a fuse labelled "refer" - what does this do?
Car still drains battery!
Recharged battery.
Have now discovered that the b####y thing won't turn over - tries but fails as if battery flat, but the headlights are bright - does this point to a knackered starter motor (solenoid or motor itself?), and could it also be shorting out here internally? I'm thinking of getting a replacement from the scrappy, but not if I'm wasting my cash. Anyone got any ideas?

if you have found the drain an isolated that i would say its most likely your battery, how olds the bat? does it have any dry cells?
when it starts does it sorta click like when bats are flat?
if so mostly the bat at fault

Battery is recent replacement - no dry cells. Car tries to start - morethan just a solenoid click - it tries to crank the engine but just doesn't seem to have enough torque to be able to turn engine over. I would usually suspect the battery, but I'm fairly sure it's not this that's causing it.

thts defo a battery fault try another battery maybe a faulty had a car in with same fault was the battery

if you still have the problem an think its your started motor rather than your bat, take your started motor off, and bench test it just get a bat an jump leads an put positive on bat to positive on started motor and then the earth on the bat to earth on started motor, if it works its not that.
which leading you to the bat.
if it doesnt work it leads you to starter motor

and of course i mean starter motor haha i had no light on my laptop keyboard :p
sorry for spelling mistakes haha

If it's been sat for a while since this problem began, it might need turning over a couple of times, once again I had this problem, and I discharged the battery about 2/3 times just trying to turn it over, after the 2nd/3rd time it did start. you need a decent battery charger to fully charge it though, As some chargers on the market only say fully charged when the battery is at 13.2 volts, but that isn't always the case.

Back