Weird stereo problems!

I have recently bought a K11, which came with a Nikkai stereo. Had no problems with it until today, would just replace the stereo, but worried it may be more complicated than that!
Today the stereo would not work, lights were on, but the buttons would not respond. After I turned the engine off, the speakers were making a 'buzzing' noise, and the stereo remained lit up,(had the keys out of the ignition at this point) I was worried that if the stereo was still 'on' that it might drain the battery. I disconnected the electrics from the battery, then tried reconnecting it, this stopped the buzzing, but as soon as I attatched the front of the stereo again, the same thing happened.
Also the flashing LED that comes on after the front panel is removed is on constantly, instead of flashing. Somebody suggested that the fuse behing the stereo may need replacing, I have tried to remove the stereo, but do not have the right tools, any suggestions?
Sorry this goes on a bit but have tried to include as much info as possible!

Try removing the HU. There's plenty of guides on how to do it. It may be the rear fuse on the back of the HU that's gone.

Finally got it sorted! Fuse was okay, so tried a mates' stereo which worked, took the old one apart and couldn't see anything I could do with it, this gave me a good enough excuse to buy a new stereo (Y)

Back